Success and what I've learned from my first Whole30

Chef Mike

We made it! Great to be here. Got on the scale and was surprised I had not lost more weight, only 8 lbs. But I feel fantastic, and that is in line with the 2 pounds per week I had been doing before my plateau on Gluten free/LCHF. So with the 13 I lost then, I'm on track for a 30 lb loss for the year.

I feel I have finally learned a plan that is good for maintenance, energy and high performance at work and life in general. The change in habits is the biggest thing I have taken from this. It will make moving forward much easier. As I've said, I will be sticking to the strict Whole30 rules until my vacation in October. We'll be doing it together for the days between Oct. 19th and Thanksgiving. I'll stay in touch on this thread also.

It was so encouraging and supportive to have you all to help and guide me through this great change, and I look forward to many more days of your help. Not planning on any reintros at this point. I already know that gluten and grains would throw me into a gastric tizzy, so not gonna do it. Dairy i will try on vacation, but only hard cheeses. 

I have learned that 3 nourishing meals, consisting of the right flavorful and wholesome components, is all a person requires to live a life with out pain, headaches, joint aches, cravings and snacks. The feeling that 10 years has been lifted off me is awesome.

I hope everyone who does this program can derive the same benefits I have. Best to all.

Mike 

We made it! Great to be here. Got on the scale and was surprised I had not lost more weight, only 8 lbs. But I feel fantastic, and that is in line with the 2 pounds per week I had been doing before my plateau on Gluten free/LCHF. So with the 13 I lost then, I'm on track for a 30 lb loss for the year.

I feel I have finally learned a plan that is good for maintenance, energy and high performance at work and life in general. The change in habits is the biggest thing I have taken from this. It will make moving forward much easier. As I've said, I will be sticking to the strict Whole30 rules until my vacation in October. We'll be doing it together for the days between Oct. 19th and Thanksgiving. I'll stay in touch on this thread also.

It was so encouraging and supportive to have you all to help and guide me through this great change, and I look forward to many more days of your help. Not planning on any reintros at this point. I already know that gluten and grains would throw me into a gastric tizzy, so not gonna do it. Dairy i will try on vacation, but only hard cheeses. 

I have learned that 3 nourishing meals, consisting of the right flavorful and wholesome components, is all a person requires to live a life with out pain, headaches, joint aches, cravings and snacks. The feeling that 10 years has been lifted off me is awesome.

I hope everyone who does this program can derive the same benefits I have. Best to all.

Mike 

Chef Mike,

My husband and I agree with everything you said and we too are not doing any major reintros.  We are going to the states for my niece's wedding and will play it by ear....but plan on making strategic choices.  We love the plan and DID derive the same benefits as you.

WIshing you continued success and may we go from strength to strength.

Archived