First time 30-long time dieter :) starting 9/28

angelamarie22

Hello! I'm starting my first Whole 30 this coming Monday. I'm a big planner so I've spent this week prepping and getting food ideas. I'm hopeful this is something I can stick with. I need to loose weight for my health and I hit 40 last month :(

I'm hoping that I will see a lot of relief from pain in my joints and a boost of energy :) Any tips are appreciated to survive :)

just eat real food and don't stress too much on the fancy recipes.. Meat, Veggies, Fat,  (some fruit if you want)

Don't short change yourself and eat bird sized meals.. Two palm fuels of protein  are actually a good amount and with three cups of veggies and 

a few glops of fat on top keep you full for a long long time..    Don't be scared of making homemade mayo..  

This will be my first time attempting the Whole 30. I have been gluten free for about 6 months and it has helped my plethora of medical issues that I have. I think giving up wheat may help your aching joints. A rheumatologist suggested going gluten free to improve inflammation.

I am planning on getting as healthy as I possibly can, I am a newlywed and want to start thinking about having a family, but need to be healthy to do so. I think the biggest issue I will have is letting go of processed foods. It will be hard but I am determined. 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Hi! I'm 58 and have been dieting since I was 14. I'm doing my first Whole30 and have never felt better! The most amazing thing for me is that I have lost my cravings. I'm on day 26 and am finally able to go for 5 hours between meals without obsessing about food. I attribute that to the extra fat in my meals and the absence of sugar, refined carbs, and processed crap. I don't use many recipes, I cook with healthy ingredients and have a meal of meat and veggies with whatever I can have as compliant seasoning, along with the occasional sweet potato. Being able to use clarified butter has gone a long way in satisfying my taste buds too. I did make the whole 30 Classic Chili to freeze in individual servings for lunches. That's been very helpful too.

Good luck to you! I know this is the best thing I've ever done for my health and my disordered eating. Hopefully you get to learn that at a much younger age than I did!

Archived