Brainstorming

chrissyb02035

You want to eat within an hour of waking, so I'm guessing that means before your commute.  You didn't ready wrong - 3 to 4 eggs is the norm for women.  I generally eat 3 with some other sort of meat (chicken sausage these days) and that holds me best.  I made a breakfast "hash" w turnips, onions, red or green bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and chicken sausage.  I cook it ahead of time and portion it up and freeze it.  Takes minutes to heat it up and top it with eggs in the morning.  Breakfast casseroles or egg muffins are quick and easy options too.

I second the "breakfast" (M1? meal?) casseroles. I've been making mine with about a pound of meat (my go to has been ground chicken with compliant chorizo seasoning) sauteed with onions and garlic, and then alternated in layers in a baking pan with a mix of sliced vegetables (and I do mean a mix; I throw in everything that can fit). I scramble up 12-15 eggs and pour them (and any seasonings I want) over top of the meat and veggie layers, and bake it for 45 or so minutes in a 350 degree oven. One sixth of the 9"x13" keeps me full til lunch time (I eat around 6-6:30 AM, lunchtime is usually right around noon for me).   Tasty, and it only takes three minutes to "cook" every morning (a minute to get it out of the fridge, find a spatula, put it on a plate, and 2 minutes in the microwave to warm it up). 

I've also done breakfast scrambles, which are basically the same thing: meat and veggies sauteed with onions and garlic in a large pan, then pour scrambled eggs over top, cook until the eggs are done. Portion into individual containers (and eat a portion, because yum!), voila, there's a veggie and protein packed meal to go for you. I'll even take it to work for M2 sometimes (or eat it as M3 if I'm rushing from one obligation to another, boo). 

Archived