Nancy's Whole 30 log

Nancy   H.

Day 29:

With every day that passes I get more nervous about adding food back into my program.

(I refuse to call this way of eating a DIET !)

Well I guess I have one more day to figure it out. I can't really say there is one thing I have been craving. I do enjoy eating this way and I have so many recipes that I have copied that I have not even tried, so I could go on this way almost indefinitely. Who knows?

Meal 1:

Two soft boiled eggs

1/2 roasted sweet potato with cinnamon and ghee

two cups of coffee with Primal non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

Cottage Flower Pie (left over from last night dinner)

Salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, marinated beets and balsamic dressing

10 grapes

Ice tea

Meal 3:

two organic compliant hot dogs

Sauerkraut and apples (left over from the pork chop dinner the other day)

Ice tea

1 cup mix fresh fruit with coconut cream.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30:

For anyone who has been reading my log knows how anxious I have been about the following days as I have now completed the 30 days.

Well, no more. I have found so many recipes on this site and they are awesome. I have made so many of them. Most of them are for 4-6 servings or sometimes more. I never had a cooking marathon. Rather I would make a recipe every other day. After eating it a couple of times I put the rest in the freezer. Since I live alone and only cook for myself I always have left overs.

I have a small side by side refrigerator and the freezer part is quite small. When I first started this I completely gave away or threw away anything that was not compliant. Well, now the freezer is completely full. As a matter of fact, it is over flowing. If I never cooked again for a month I could eat out of the freezer and still stay compliant.

I have:

Chocolate Chile (6 servings)

Pork roast with sauerkraut (3 servings)

Cottage Flower Pie (6 servings)

Chicken Soup (8 servings)

Cauliflower rice ( 6 servings)

Broccoli soup ( 6 servings)

Vegetable soup (8 servings

Pulled Pork witT BBQ sauce (6 servings)

BBQ sauce

Ketchup

Assorted nuts

As well as uncooked:

8 pounds of grass fed beef

2 pounds ground lamb

6 pounds of Baby Back ribs

2 pounds Salmon

2 pounds filet of Sole

Assorted frozen vegetables

So you can see, I could eat from the freezer for quite awhile. So I guess I don't have to make any decisions yet.

I'll just keep on keeping on.

Meal 1:

two Hard boiled eggs with mustard, mayo

Broccoli with mayo

Apple/Pumpkin

1/2 banana

1 cup coffee

Meal 2:

Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce

Two deviled eggs with dill relish, chopped olives, mayo

8 grapes

Sassy water

Meal 3:

Pork chop with sauerkraut

Sweet potatoes with cinnamon in Ghee

1/2 cup fresh fruit with Coconut milk

Thanks Maggie...............That's the plan

Day 32:

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I don't know why, but I was up every hour and a half. Needless to say I was dragging today. I even tried to take a nap this afternoon and couldn't go to sleep. One thing that might have kept me awake was pain in my back. I usually take a pain pill (Percocet) before I go to bed. And last night I forgot. So tonight I will definitely take one.

I haven't added anything new to my eating yet other than the Stevia I put in my coffee along with Paleo non dairy creamer. So far I have not noticed any reaction or sugar cravings.

Meal 1:

Three sweet potato cakes made with four eggs cooked in coconut oil.

Applesauce

Coffee with Stevia and non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

Cottage Flower Pie

Two deviled eggs

Mashed Acorn squash with coconut milk and cinnamon.

five grapes

Sassy Water

Snack:

Raspberries in non dairy creamer

celery stick with Almond Butter

Meal 3:

Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce

Broccoli with mayo

1/2 avocado

1/2 banana

Sassy water

Hi Nancy - I just read through your journey and am, similar to everyone else, very inspired by you. I am on day 38?? I think today, and did not get much relief from my joint pain in 30 days so I continued on. I have now gone without eggs, tomatoes, and peppers for a week to see if maybe they were triggering some of my pain, but haven't noticed any difference yet. I am praying that I will and will definitely be checking in with you to see how you are coming along. I agree with so much of what you have said and can't see myself going back to my other eating style and am a bit afraid of going "off plan" because I am overall so happy with all of the benefits and I don't want to get pulled back into my old ways.

I really hope you have a fabulous night sleep tonight and a pain-free day tomorrow!!!

LJG... Thanks for your words of support. This has indeed been an interesting journey. I also have not noticed much relief from my back pain, but then I didn't really expect to. One thing I noticed is that I no longer need my morning pill for heartburn. What a relief to have no more heartburn or to be dependent on medication to prevent it.

Also my fasting blood sugar is still a little high. I guess I need to cut WAY back on the fruit.

The only thing I have added into my eating plan is Stevia in my coffee. I did realize this morning that I have not been sleeping very well for the past week. I wonder if that could be the problem...... I think I'll go without for a week or so and see if there is any difference.

I'm a little late in posting my meals for yesterday so we'll call this

Day 33:

Meal 1:

Chocolate chili served over

Spaghetti Squash that was browned in Coconut oil.

Meal 2:

Pork Stew

( I threw two Pork Chops in the crock pot on top of a Turnip, a Parsnip, two onions, two stalks of celery, a couple of Bay leaves, some home made chicken broth. All the veggies were cut into bite size pieces. Then added salt and pepper and a few spices. I put the lid on and cooked on high for 8 hour the on low overnight., In the morning I thickened the broth a little with coconut flour.)

Salad with avocado and cherry tomatoes with home made 1000 isle dressing

(two Tbsp mayo, one tsp dill relish, one tsp BBQ sauce. It really tastes like the bottled kind I used to eat without all the bad stuff like carageenan)

four grapes

Sassy water

Snack:

1/2 orange

Meal 3:

Cottage flower pie ( I really like that stuff.!)

one deviled egg

acorn squash with coconut milk and cinnamon

I do love my crock pot. the only problem is that it makes 6 - 8 servings. That is a good thing but my freezer is getting full. I need to stop making meals and start eating from the freezer. I have an addiction that I am ready to admit. I am addicted to reading the recipes I find here and then pri8nting them out after saving them to my word processor.

Day 34:

Meal 1:

Two scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes

Two slices of Bacon

Coffee with non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

Two and 1/2 deviled eggs

Huge salad with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, jicama topped with

homemade 1000 dresssing

5 grapes

sassy water

Meal 3:

Cottage flower pie

Sauteed cabbage

Raspberries with Coconut cream

ice tea.

Another good day spent in front of the computer reading all the logs and recipes. So much fun.

Day 35:

Meal 1:

Pork Stew

1/2 Banana

two cups of coffee with non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

one and a half compliant hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut

Mashed cauliflower

Meal 3:

Two stuffed Zucchini halves:

stuffed with pulled pork mixed with chopped innards of zucchini, tomato juice, coconut oil and coconut milk)

Topped with Coconut flakes browned in Ghee.

Baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees

Lol, I have to say my family of five is envying your freezer! But it is awesome that you are so prepared (that would feel really good to me) and your meals sound great! Is that non dairy creamer effecting you at all?

Hi Emily.... the non dairy creamer is a Paleo recipe and totally compliant so it is not affecting me at all. I love it.

I had a really good day today. Lots of energy. Played with the dogs, Cleaned the house and did the laundry. Pretty good for one day, at least for me.

Day 36:

Meal 1:

Two fried eggs cooked in grease from

Two slices of bacon

Coffee and non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

1/2 cup Spaghetti Squash covered with

1/2 cup ground lamb and 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce

Meal 3:

1 1/2 hot dogs and sauerkraut

Mashed cauliflower

Spaghetti Squash pudding

(1 cup cooked Spaghetti squash

3/4 cup Coconut milk

1 egg

1 Tbsp Raisins

Topped with Coconut Sugar and Cinnamon

Mix all together and bake at 350 in a water bath for 1 hour.

Then chill for an hour or more)

Edited: Something went way wrong tonight. About an hour after eating I was watching TV and got up to go into the kitchen. I was so dizzy and light headed. I don't know if it was the Coconut Sugar or the Lara Bar. But it is now two hours later and I still feel the same. I think I need to go to bed and try to sleep it off. And I mean "sleep it off". I feel as though I have had one too many drinks. Going to bed now and I hope the room doesn't start to spin. I'll let you know in the morning.

And this started out to be such a good day.

Hi Nancy,

I do hope you are feeling better. I am like you with cooking and full freezers LOL! I was saying to my neighbour today that I must stop shopping for and cooking food and start eating frm the freezer. Between my mealls and the dog meals, both freezers are full to the top.

i have moved over to the next phase, although I am prety much eating the same as Whole30 with the addition of a bit of coconut flour and almond flour from time to time.

Hi Loraine, What do do you use the coconut or almond flour for? Just curious. So have you completed the 30 days? And what are you adding back in. I have been very cautious in adding anything. Especially after yesterday when I got so dizzy. It was probably the Coconut sugar that did it. I'm feeling better today, just a little wiped out. I want to take a nap.

Nancy I originally started Paleo on 1 Sept, but had a bump in the road so continued through to mid October. Now I am adding bits and pieces, but not much, as I find I am fairly satisifed on Whole 30.

I use coconut and almond flour for banana muffins, and i throw in a few nuts and seeds (whatever I feel like, sometmes even some shredded coconut.

This is the recipe I follow:

Recipe by Healthy Living How To

Printable Recipe

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Makes: 6 muffins

Base - Dry Ingredients

â— 1/4 c. Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour (I add abut a tablespoon of alomond flour to help hold the coconut mix together)

â— 1/2 c. Bob's Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal

â— 1 tsp. Rumford Baking Powder

â— 1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt

â— 1/8 tsp. NuNaturals Pure White Stevia Extract Powder

â— Spice (see options)

Base - Wet Ingredients

â— 2 Large Organic Cage-Free Eggs

â— 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, Butter or Ghee, Melted

â— 1 tsp. Extract (see options)

â— 1/3 c. Water, Coconut Milk or Almond Milk

â— 1/4 c. Fruit Puree (see options)

Directions

1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside.

2. In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.

3. Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients, eliminating all clumps.

4. Divide batter evenly between six muffin tins lined and lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.

5. Bake at 350 for 23 minutes.

6. Cool, serve & enjoy!

Options

Banana Muffins: 1/2 - 1 tsp. cinnamon, vanilla extract, mashed banana

Apple Spice Muffins: 1/2 tsp, cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. allspice, pinch of nutmeg, maple or vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce

Pumpkin Muffins: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree

Blueberry Muffins: Use 3 eggs instead of 2, NO fruit puree, 1 tsp. lemon extract, 1/2 c. wild blueberries

Cranberry Orange Muffins: Use 3 eggs intead of 2, NO fruit puree, 1 tsp. orange extract, 1/2 c. frozen cranberries, chopped

Yesterday morning my BS was 114. YEAH ! And I had no fruit the day before. Today it was 146 and in reading my log I had fruit at every meal. I guess that tells me something. No fruit today and hopefully the BS will be down tomorrow morning. But it is so hard to go without any fruit. I guess I have to admit that I am addicted to it. Does that mean I have to cut it out forever?

Yesterday was

Day 37

Meal 1:

Beef Stew over

Fresh cut spinach

one cup mixed fresh fruit with coconut cream

coffee with Paleo non dairy creamer

Meal 2:

SB&J Burger

(sunbutter, homemade peach jam, over a grass fed 8 oz. ground beef)

Cocoa cauliflower

five grapes

Soda Water with frozen raspberry ice cubes

Snack:

10 grapes

Meal 3:

One cup Cream of Broccoli soup

Two Pure Wraps filled with

shredded chicken, mayo, dill relish, BBQ sauce

One stalk celery with Macadamia nut butter

Five Blackberries.

Way too much fruit.

Blood sugar this morning was 146. I guess I need to completely cut out fruit.

But Boy of Boy is that going to be hard. I do love my fruit.

Day 38:

Meal 1:

Chopped Hard Boiled egg sauteed in Coconut oil with

1 cup mixed bell peppers

Broccoli soup

Tea

Meal 2:

Chicken salad with hard boiled egg

Tea

Meal 3:

Chocolate Chili over

Mashed cauiflower

Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon

Sassy Water

I hear you about fruit Nancy. I looove it! I have to be careful about how much I consume too. I don't eat bananas at all anymore and have an occasional apple. I just found some really good frozen organic blackberries and cherries at WF's yesterday. They're a little pricey, but yes, low on the GI. I plan to try some in the next few days and see how I react.

That SB&J Burger sounds interesting . . .Congrats on finishing Day 38.

Day 39;

YEAH !!! This mornings blood sugar was the lowest yet: 120

Yes, Nan, That SB&J Burger is really good. I have already had one apple today so that will have to wait for tomorrow. I decided that I will have one fruit a day and see what it does to my blood sugar.

Meal 1:

Two slices of bacon.

Chopped onion and shredded Brussel sprouts sauteed in bacon grease

One fried egg on top of it all

Herbal tea

Meal 2:

Chocolate Chili

Large salad with shredded chicken

Sassy Water

Snack:

One apple

Meal 3:

Cream of Chicken soup made with Coconut milk

Cocoa Cauliflower

Herbal tea

1/4 cup crushed pineapple

2 fruits today. Oh Well....

Well I was feeling pretty good when I woke up this morning until I took my blood sugar. 146! :o

It had to be the crushed pineapple I had last night. No more pineapple.

Day 40:

Meal 1:

Hard boiled egg

Cream of Broccoli soup

Tea

Snack:

coffee, black

I was out of the house from 11 until 3 so I did not eat meal 2 until 3:30PM.

I went to the grocery store and decided that today I was going to try dairy.

So I bought a single serving of Dryers Cookie Dough Ice Cream. I'll save it till after dinner.

Meal 2:

Huge salad with butter leaf lettuce

Shredded chicken salad with mayo

Chocolate Chili

Tea

Meal 3:

Green Beans with Ghee

Sauteed ground Lamb and avocado wrapped in a

Pure Wrap

Tea

8:00PM Snack:

5 Oz. container of Dryers Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

It's now and hour later and the only thing I have noticed is I seem to have a lot of gas. Both burping and passing gas. We'll have to wait to see how this affects me in the days ahead. I do know that as I was watching TV every commercial that was for a dessert looked so good. One was a Cherry Pie that a little boy was eating and I'll tell you this: My mouth was watering and I could almost taste those cherries. I think the ice cream may have awakened the Sugar Dragon. :angry:

More on this tomorrow.

At least I didn't have any fruit today.

Archived