Best choice from this menu?

loobylifts

Hey guys! I'm halfway through my first whole30 and am going out for food on Thursday night. This is the menu from the place we are going to and I would really appreciate some help in deciding what is compliant! I have emailed the restaurant and told them I follow a strict diet, and asked how a few of the dishes were prepared (the Hake, for example, which is fried in oil and butter, so i'm guessing non-compliant). I have emailed asking if there are any baked or grilled dishes but am yet to hear back. 

Judging by this menu, what would you suggest I go for? 

Thanks in advance! 

evening_menu_2015.pdf

Thanks for your quick reply, Chris! If the lobster isn't extortionate I may go for that. Otherwise i'll probably end up getting a steak but sub the chips for extra undressed salad :rolleyes: would you say it is best to stay away from vegetable sides due to added butter/oils? I really don't wanna blow my progress! 

would you say it is best to stay away from vegetable sides due to added butter/oils? 

If you can get vegetables either steamed or prepared in a compliant cooking fat, that would be ok.  You want to especially watch out for butter, oils or cooking sprays made from soybeans, corn or peanuts, and any off-plan seasonings.

Archived