CB's Post-W30 Journey

Cbiggs85

Today is day 30!  Woo!  Down 5.4 lbs and feeling great.  I would like to continue to keep a log because it will keep me accountable for eating healthy and so I can plan out any special events where I may like to have a glass of wine or a piece of cake.  I think that if I can mentally prepare for these things, I can say, "Ok, here is my plan for eating today and I will have a glass of wine and a piece of pizza for dinner" that way I KNOW that it is coming and don't go rolling off the deep-end.

I want to continue to eat as clean as possible but I don't want to make my life a Whole365; that isn't realistic or sustainable.  I want to take the tools I have learned to battle my binging demon without completely cutting out "bad" food 100%.  Maybe just scale it way, way down.  

I'll try to post daily meals and weekly weigh-ins to keep me accountable and on-track!

B- sweet potato and broccoli frittata. Banana

L- chili, roasted broccoli and sweet potato, cucumber, and apple

D- hash made with ground turkey, potato, sweet pepper, and green beans topped with 2 fried eggs

I have a couple "obstacles" in the upcoming weeks: wine night with my friends Saturday, a 1st birthday party on Sunday; a possible Halloween party, a wedding shower, and another birthday celebration next weekend; a treat day at work; and, of course, Halloween. I'm going to really have to mentally prepare for these events!

B- broccoli and sweet potato frittata. Banana.

L- chicken, mashed cauliflower, 1/2 acorn squash, carrots, Apple

D- huge salad with tons of veggies, artichoke hearts, chicken, egg, olives, grapes, and a light sprinkle of sunflower seeds

S- banana nice cream with frozen banana, coconut milk, sunbutter

Still going strong! Had to run to the store today and I almost grabbed pistachios, but then I talked myself out of it. Total food without brakes!

B-sweet potato and broccoli frittata. Banana

L- turkey patty, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato, Apple

D- Shepards pie and green beans

Happy Friday! Did have some pumpkin spice latte this morning from 7/11. I filled my cup about 1/3 of the way with that then just black coffee the rest of the way. I don't foresee it throwing me into a food frenzy; I got the taste of the PSL but didn't overdo it. Go me!

Hung out with the BFF tonight at her place. I only had 1 1/2 glasses of moscato- IF that. Had some pistachios I picked up and I'm keeping them in my car to limit my intake. Don't feel any poor effects from the small bit of latte this morning nor the wine. Tomorrow I don't foresee any obstacles. Breakfast will be leftover Shepards pie topped with a couple fried eggs and lunch will be a turkey patty, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato, and Apple. Dinner is TBD

B- leftover Shepards pie topped with 2 fried eggs

L- turkey patty, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato, grapes

D- 2 chicken drumsticks, pumpkin soup, and ape with sunbutter

Breakfast was SO good this morning! I liked the Shepards pie better this way than when I ate it last day. Did some batch cooking of roasted chicken drumsticks and pumpkin soup today. Tomorrow I'll make the frittata and hopefully roast some veggies. Tomorrow is also a 1st birthday party. I will go full from lunch and prepared: emergency hard boiled egg and carrots and graze on the healthy options. Will probably pass up on the cake. I always find cake is never really "worth it". What will be difficult is that she and her family are big bakers so who knows what goodies will be around. I will weigh tomorrow so hopefully that will give me confidence to have tunnel vision

B- broccoli and potato frittata and a banana

L- 2 chicken drumsticks, pumpkin soup, cucumber, and an apple

D- carnitas over spinach topped with 1/2 avocado. Side of roasted broccoli and sweet potato

Succeeded at avoiding sweets yesterday! I had 1 beer and was good with that. Looking forward to carnitas tonight. One of my favorite meals. Cooks in the crockpot and then I shred it and broil it to make it nice and crispy. OMG yum. It will also make delicious leftovers tomorrow for lunch. I'm still thoroughly enjoying this way of eating.

B- broccoli and potato frittata. Banana

L- carnitas with chopped tomato, roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes, Apple

D- meatballs in marinara over spaghetti squash. Spinach with olive salad topped with EVOO

Tomorrow will be a challenge. It is treat day here which means lots of goodies- especially pumpkin stuff. Ugh I love pumpkin. Maybe I will bring pumpkin soup in with my lunch tomorrow so I can at least have something pumpkin. I also want to try to make a zucchini ginger soup I saw on well-fed. I'm loving the fall soups and adding them to meals to get extra veggies in.

I have been guilty of adding a splash of creamer to my coffee at work. Only once a a day. Don't think a tiny bit will be my downfall but I need to be really aware of allowing it to completely overtake my coffee.

B- broccoli and potato frittata. Banana

L- meatballs and spaghetti squash with marinara, pumpkin soup, Apple

D- 2 turkey patties with 1/2 avocado and some sort of veggie. Haven't decided yet. Maybe mashed cauliflower? Potato "fries"?

So much food everywhere. Treat day has pumpkin bars, dips, a yogurt bar, mostaccoli...all these foods without brakes! Luckily there is a veggie tray so I have been grabbing carrots when I am in the vicinity. I am enjoying some apple cider though. No added sugar or anything.

I'll be just fine getting through this treat day. Next obstacle: wedding shower on Saturday. I'm sure it will be plated. If it is something like chicken with roasted potatoes and a veggie I should be ok. I'll pass on cake- and try to pass on the sugary punch. Sunday is my sisters birthday so I'll need to figure out what's on the menu so I can problem solve. One day at a time!

B- potato and broccoli frittata. Banana

L- spinach salad with carrots, cucumber, salmon, hard boiled egg, olives, and avocado topped with EVOO. Apple

D- salmon, mashed cauliflower, and 1/2 acorn squash

Crazy weekend up ahead. Tomorrow night a friends birthday at a bar (planning on 1 hard Apple cider) , Saturday a wedding shower (skip cake), and Sunday my sisters birthday ( on the menu are enchiladas and ice cream cake). Still trying to figure out how to navigate Sunday. 1 enchilada is pretty filling so I don't think I will overeat on those but I'm worried how the gluten and cheese will effect my stomach. Ice cream cake is never GREAT to me so I feel like I can convince myself to pass.

B- 3 eggs scrambled with spinach. Banana

L- 2 chicken drumsticks, sweet potato topped with sunbutter, mashed cauliflower, Apple

D- shredded chicken, 1/2 acorn squash, mashed potatoes

Outing tonight for a friends birthday. I will have 1 MAYBE 2 hard Apple ciders but no beer. Beer has always made me too bloated. No bar food. I can do this. I can easily do this.

B- potato, onion, and spinach hash topped with 3 eggs

L- chicken kabobs, grapes, and mixed veggies

D- zucchini soup, salmon topped with guac, and a sweet potato topped with sunbutter

Got through the bridal shower! I ate around the rice, had 2 TINY bites of cake but no ice cream, and 1 glass of wine. I am very pleased with how I did. I had just a taste of the cake and that was enough; I didn't feel like I needed more than that. I also didn't have any of the sugary punch nor crackers and cheese appetizers.

Next obstacle: my sister's birthday tomorrow. On the menu: chicken enchiladas and ice cream cake. I will have 1 enchilada and no cake; that would be a slippery slope that might cause me to go downhill for the night. I'm not ready to add in sweets yet

10/23 weigh-in: -0.6 lbs TOTAL: -6.6 lbs

Continuing healthy weight loss! Gives me the motivation to keep on keeping on and doing what I have been doing. I'm so happy to see that the couple glasses of alcohol this weekend did not stunt my weight loss or cause my eating to go out of control; it just goes to prove that things in moderation are GOOD and not BAD.

Will post tonight on how my day and sister's birthday celebration went.

Honestly I just googled Paleo Shepards pie and drew from a random recipe with some modifications. The recipe I found had coconut aminos and that really took the recipe to a new level. The leftovers the next day for breakfast with fried eggs on top were AMAZING!

Today's round-up:

B- 4 scrambled eggs with spinach

L- 2 chicken drumsticks, 6 bacon wrapped squash, zucchini soup, and a banana

D- chicken enchilada, corn casserole, salad, 2 bites cakes, couple scoops of ice cream

Ok so I did have dessert tonight which I wasn't planning. I am refusing to feel the feeling of "regret" and "guilt" because that isn't a healthy way to look at eating "bad" foods. Back to regularly scheduled eating tomorrow!

B- 3 eggs scrambled with potato and spinach. Banana

L- shredded chicken with guac, 1/2 acorn squash, roasted butternut squash and broc, Apple

D- Italian sausage, marinara, zucchini soup, broccoli

Onward and upward after eating cake and ice cream yesterday. Not feeling any ill effects today so that's a plus. Next I'll be thinking of a game plan for Halloween weekend

L- 2 chicken drumsticks, zucchini soup, roasted broccoli and butternut squash, Apple

D- salmon topped with guac, sweet potato, and broccoli

Chugging along. I have noticed snacking on pistachios is slowly making its way back into my evenings. While it is better than cookies, it is probably still unnecessary and not needed. I just need to stop buying the darn things and then they won't be there to eat.

L- huge salad from salad bar

D- rotisserie chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato

Nothing too special to add today. Planning on making a batch of pumpkin soup this weekend. I liked the zucchini but I much prefer the pumpkin.

No more pistachios in this house for a while! They remain a food with no brakes and I don't need them around!

S- Apple with natural peanut butter(late lunch today)

L- shaved Brussels and bacon salad, 1/2 avocado, sweet potato, grapes, and EVOO. 2 chicken drumsticks.

D- TBD. finish off the zucchini soup with something.

First time having PB in a long long time. It is just peanuts so there is no added sugar. Halloween treats everywhere at school today (no school tomorrow). There is a pumpkin cake sitting right in front of me. Not worth it.

Entertaining the thought of having Thanksgiving at our house this year. Then I could be more in control of the sides. Danielle walker has a great book of paleo holiday recipes. One thing I would indulge in is pumpkin pie. Why? It is my favorite and it only comes around once or twice a year.

Off day for eating. It was all good but I got my period this morning which gave me some pretty nasty cramps

B- 3 fried eggs over potatoes, shaved Brussels, and bacon bits

L- zucchini soup

S- pumpkin Rx bar

D- huge salad

S- Nick'sSticks, grapes, small piece 77% dark chocolate.

Tomorrow is Halloween. I will have chili in the crockpot for dinner and will have a small piece of dark chocolate rather than all the crap candy bars. I will make it through!

Quick check-in. Decided not to weight myself today because I'm feeling so bloated from my period. Annnnnd I had some Halloween candy last night. I regret it a tiny bit but I ate awesome all day and skipped corn dogs and pizza until I finally had some in the evening. I was happy with my other food decisions and that I didn't let it affect me today.

B- shaved Brussels and bacon with potatoes topped with 3 fried eggs

L- turkey burger with guac on gluten free bun and pumpkin soup

D- taco salad

Not letting that Halloween candy hold me back! I really do feel best eating this way.

B- 4 eggs scrambled with spinach. Banana

L- taco salad, pumpkin soup, Apple

D- chicken thighs, mashed cauliflower, sweet potato

Happy Monday. Still getting my body used to the time change. An extra hour of sleep doesn't apply when you have a toddler! Will try going to the gym tonight. Need to try to get to the gym 4 times a week!

Archived