Pre and post workout

Johnny M

Holy smokes. I finally gave into the Pre/post workout meals. I had ignored them because I workout around 6am and logistically they were a pain but I did it today and feel pretty fantastic. I wish I'd done it sooner.

well I'll be honest. While I feel strong and alert instead of dazed and tired like I normally feel in mornings I workout, my stomach is a bit upset and it was during my workout as well. BUT I know I didn't choose the best foods. I had some spicey slow cooked beef that cooked last night and it was ready and easy to pack for the gym so that was it. Not the best food for 5:45am. I have only done a handful of workouts so far...working my way back into a program but I felt pretty nauseated part way through todays WOD. I will try some hardboiled eggs or chicken next time. As for timing I ate a little meat at 5:45 am, and a coffee with a little ghee in it, worked out 6:30-7:30, and ate more beef and 1/3 sweet potato (it was huge) in my car in the parking lot before heading home. I then had my actual breakfast at 8:30am...more beef and 2 eggs and some strawberries.

Hey Ben - I started crossfitting in 2009 but after a long break through 2010 and 2011 I actually just rejoined CF Potrero Hill. It's been 2 weeks and I'm loving it! (not loving that I'm standing in a sort of hunched over half squat right now becuase my legs and ass are broken from jumping lunges).

I just can't eat before a WOD especially when training at 5am but need to get organised to have a post wod snack ready......... Going back to read my whole30 on pre and post workout eating........ Suggestions welcome :-)

Archived