Whole30 Clean Up - Take 2

Day 1

Some black coffee in the mix of these eats for the day>>>

Frittata & Pasta Sauce for Dipping

Salad Bar: Veggies, vinegarette, and deli ham.

Spaghetti Squash pasta with zucchini and asparagus plus ground beef.

Strawberries.

Feeling really full from that delicious spaghetti and proud of myself for day one!

This is my second attempt at a whole30. First time started 9/1. I had made it 13 days when I gave in to snacking. What I learned from Take 1 was that nuts are not going to work during my Whole30. Anyway, I am dedicated to finishing this 30!

learntobeclean.wordpress.com

Hey there - don't want to be a Debbie Downer (esp. because it sounds like you're off to a great start!), but be careful with deli ham from a salad bar...cold cuts, especially ham, are loaded with all kinds of non-compliant crap like sugar, nitrates, carrageenan and other chemicals. There may be compliant deli hams out there (I'm not a big fan so I haven't looked), but I would bank on a restaurant stocking the cheapest, nastiest kind.

Just so you know for next time!

Oh my goodness! I didn't even really think of it containing sugar. I knew we had to be careful with deli meats in general but I figured if I was limited in protein options it was better to have something rather than nothing. Maybe today should be considered my Day 1... oops. I'll just go an extra day at the end to compensate for the Day 1 slip up.

Day 2

Some black coffee again today, between breakfast and lunch.

Ground Meat, Sweet Potatoes, Asparagus, Tomato Paste breakfast bowl

Salad: Greens, carrots, tomatoes, chicken, and an herb, mustard, and basalmic vinegarette I made.

Tomato Soup & Fish, Broccoli, and guac-sauce.

Day 3

Today was a rough day because I was super busy and it was hard to make time for things liiiike, packing my lunch and sitting down for dinner.

Frittata + chuncky tomato sauce

My fit foods salmon & asparagus

An assortment of snacking because I was busy running errands

• Some trail mix with coconut flakes, cranberries, walnuts, and almonds (I measured it!)
  • Kombucha (no sugar added)
  • I cooked up a bit of chicken when I got home (3.5 oz)
  • A taste of some beef I needed to cook because it needed to be out of the refrigerator. (1oz)
  • A taste of one mushroom sauteed in the pan the meat had been cooking in.
  • Then I had some strawberries to round out the night.

SO tired. It's been a long day.

Archived