I'm IN

SixCrows

OK. I've been reading here extensively and have been on a "Select Carbohydrate Diet" for SIBO after struggling with my gut all summer. In the past I've done an Imperfect Paleo but I think I'm ready for the rigors of a commitment to the Whole 30. The main difference being I shouldn't be having the potatoes allowed here and the fact there are other people here doing this and hopefully some dialog and support.

I'm 58 with a 9yr old adopted son, a full time laboratory job, and a husband who is a diabetic. He loves Paleo and is more than happy to eat every morsel of meat and all the roasted veggies. The challenge here will be paying attention to preparation and keeping legal food on hand for the inevitable day I come home without a plan.

That and I am really sick with this SIBO thing and using most of my energy to hang onto my job . So I'm pretty wiped out with kid time and domestic chores. That said, it's sort of a do or die moment in which I have to scrape up the energy and try to get well.

So here goes--Day one.

Archived