PMS comin in hot and when do the NSV start showing

reneeruecks

since having my son my PMS has been really bad and it's starting! The past couple days I have been extremely tired, and now I am just a bi polar psycho path at the drop of a dime. My symptoms seem more intense but I don't know if I'm just noticing them more since I have nothing to distract me from myself this month. 

I'm also on day 12 and haven't lost half a pound. I know it's not supposed to be about the weight but it is 95% about the weight for me. I'm finding it hard being so restrictive and not losing.  If I don't lose any weight I will be so devastated. I've been 204 for the past year and I just can't get to 199 no matter what I do. I have so much fear that this will not work.  I did this 3 years ago and lost 10 lbs. But I went right back to my old ways. I am ready to change my life but I'm scared it won't work for me. 

A couple of things..

1, you are on day 12, which is one of the harder days in the timeline. its possible you are just having a double whammy with the period and all happening at the same time. I got my period on day 17, and other than the typical "hanger" I get when I delay lunch time, I handled it better than usual...surprising huh? I think EVERY day makes a difference

2. Following the point above, every day makes a difference. You still have more than half the program to go. I've read on this forum, some of the weight doesnt start sliding off till the last week. You need to let your body become fat adjusted - and that takes time, especially if you were eating lots of carbs before.

Even though whole30 is not low carb, it is low compared to the SAD, and you will experience growing pains when cutting out that many carbs at once. I know I did.

This is a diet thats supposed to change your life. It does not proclaim to be a weight loss diet. I for one do not intend to lose weight on this diet. What it DOES do is equip you with knowledge to make healthier choices when making meals. And its not supposed to be "restrictive" in the sense that you are still eating GOOD, WHOLE foods, that you SHOULD enjoy, and its only 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you got thru everything ok. I am on Day 11 and I am on the emotional roller coaster also from my period. I just feel like crawling back in bed and ignoring the world. Yet work is already behind and my kids still need taken care of. The thought of trying to figure out another lunch and dinner that will work via program rules just depresses me. I have looked thru so many meal plans online and nothing sounds remotely good. I don't like coconut and so find the recipes with Coconut milk and cream to taste yucky. The sauces taste so acidy or way to oily. Just trying to find a way to get thru the next 5 days and maybe it will get better. Doesn't help that my toddler turned 2 this week and I have my husband's birthday tomorrow. I might just have to throw the cupcakes out so I don't have to see them on the table every morning. 

Archived