Newwhole30er's Whole30 #2 Log

newwhole30er

I've started and stopped this second Whole30 at least a dozen times by now. I keep on stopping because it's hard. It's hard to cook, it's hard to turn down foods I love, it's hard to plan meals and do so much prep work. But it's never going to get any easier, so pushing it off is not going to help. I know this is the secret to healthy eating for me, it's the only way I've ever been able to eat for hunger as opposed to emotions. And I don't want to be fat anymore. So sick of it. 

I really need to just do it already. I want to do it, for so many reasons. I KNOW that I just have to get through a month and then this way of eating becomes so automatic and delicious and no big deal. I just need to get there.

Meal 1: Egg salad (3 eggs, big dollop of homemade mayo, mustard, s&p) and a bowl of sweet potato & butternut squash soup. Didn't finish the egg salad, ate the rest of it later in the morning with 2 small tomatoes.

Planning on eating leftover Paleo pad thai (Melissa Joulwan's recipe) for lunch, and I have chili in the slow cooker for dinner. Not sure what veggie I'm eating with it yet, but I did put peppers, tomatoes, and onions in, so I guess that's a start!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived