Newbie starting Jan 1st...nervous and excited!

WholeLiz2016

Hi, I'm Liz. I could not be more excited to start my Whole30 on Jan 1st. I've been waiting since before Thanksgiving. I do expect it to be a challenge, because I currently break every possible Whole30 rule including daily diet soda and red wine at night. My current plan is to swap the evening wine ritual out for hot green tea. Any other ideas?

Thanks and good luck to all!

Liz

Hey Liz! I'm starting my first Whole30 January 1st as well, can't wait! It will certainly have it's challenges but from what I've read and experimented with (15 day trials) it will be worth it! Wanted to mention that green tea does have caffeine, so may not be the best option in the evening if you are sensitive to it. Maybe an herbal teal instead? I find rooibos tea to be relaxing at night :)

Good luck!!

I also like to replace soda and alcohol with sparkling water or kombucha (though I just started brewing my own since it's pretty pricey). I'm from a family of home brewers, so foregoing my evening beer is a tough one! But I'm sure it'll do good things for me in the long run. Here's to replacing old vices with new, healthier ones! :)

This is my second Whole30. I have a huge regular Coca Cola habit. I don't even bother with the diet. LOL! I use sparking water La Croix as well as Pelligrino. My hack for the La Croix is juicing an orange and lime and adding it to the drink. It tastes so good! It is like a treat. It adds just a little kick to the flavored water. I haven't done Kombucha, but maybe I will try it this time around. I do not drink tea or coffee. I never acquired a taste for either of them, but I will probably try some hot teas to see if I like them or not.

Archived