Starting today

LAS3024

Hello, I am a 34 year old mother to two- an 8 year old and a 1.5 year old.  I'm still nursing and the extreme nursing hunger combined with feeling overwhelmed/stressed/etc of having a toddler in addition to other life stressors can really trigger me to eat and eat.  I have followed a paleo diet in the past and have gotten a little too extreme/orthorexic but I'm thinking I can have a more balanced approach now.  I am excited about focusing on bigger more balanced meals (less snacks) and dealing with my strong emotions without food.  

Hi, LAS3024! I'm starting today too! I wish you the best of luck in finding a balance, sounds like you are prepared with a plan. We've got this!

I'm 30, no kids, but I'm a distance runner who has had to eat quite a bit to maintain my performance... and then I got injured. My appetite hasn't gone down at all in my absence of running, so I packed on a few pounds and discovered I have a bit of an emotional attachment to food (and eating lots of it)!  I also have a lot of stomach issues I'm trying to figure out -- hope this helps me evaluate what I can and can't eat a bit more, and gives me more info to share with my dr. I hope this helps us both!

I know we aren't even that far into day one, so I can't talk at all, but I have so much more energy than I usually do at this point in the day. This is going to be a very productive afternoon at work!

Archived