whole30 for petite female

Taylor55

hi!  I am a petite female, 5'1" (107 pounds) and have always had to watch what I eat. Before starting whole30, I ate relatively clean- with the exception of cookies every now and then :) I started whole30 17 days ago, and have been gaining weight.  I am worried that I am eating too many fats and too many calories for my small frame.  I know that I am eating more calories now than I was eating before starting whole30. I do work out- 3-5 times a week.  In addition, every night when i go to bed I feel so full, bloated, and uncomfortable.  I usually feel fine all day up until dinner- and then feel and look SO bloated afterwards!! It's very uncomfortable, and I am not sure why I am having this still on day 17?  Can you please advise on if you recommend lowering fat content or calories for women that are petite? Or, if something else might be cuasing the bloat?

Daily food schedule:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 chicken sausage link

Lunch: 1/2 Avocado, grilled chicken, apple or banana with 1 tbsp almond butter, some leftover veggies from night before

Dinner: meat and veggies- usually roast veggies in olive oil, salt pepper

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

• Moderators

Why do you think you have been gaining weight? If you have been weighing, you need to hide your scale. That's a Whole30 rule, and the kind thing to do for yourself. You deserve freedom from this bogus process!

If you're just feeling bloated, that's common at times during this process. Give yourself the full 30 days before you assess your results.

You need to add veggies to your Meal 1 (and did you also add fat?) Try to stick as close as possible to the Meal Template recommendations.

Are you making it 4 -5  hours between meals without feeling hungry? If not, up the size of your meals a bit.

You can do this!

• 4 months later...

Archived