Understand the No Weighing rule :-( - Day 31

Debwards

I've just completed my first Whole30.  I guess first off, I'm really proud of myself for completing it.  I enjoyed it so much.  For the most part I feel great (still some stomach issues to figure out).  But I weighed myself this morning, first thing on day 31.  I am in need of losing weight, probably 40 lbs or so... and I only lost 7.  I was so disappointed.  I have to focus on that I like this way of eating, it's a "good" way of eating, I feel great AND my clothes fit better.    I know it's just a number and I hope to continue feeling good and feeling good about myself.   :rolleyes:

Um, let me repeat, you LOST 7 lbs!!  And you said you feel great, you like this way of eating, and your clothes fit better, so your body composition changed.

What's not to like?

Feeling good about yourself is way beyond your relationship to gravity, which is all the scale tells you.

Be proud of your accomplishments - clearly this is working for you - keep it up!  :)

7 pounds in 30 days is no joke! And it is an amazingly healthy way of losing weight. Even if you lost zero pounds, this way of life is so much more healthy then other fad diets that people quickly rebound from and gain all weight back (I've been there and done that), but you lost SEVEN -- in 4 weeks, that is almost 2 pounds per week.

What number would you have been happy with? If any?

You should be very proud of completing the 30 days for starters and now you can say you are well on your way to the healthier you. Congrats.

Archived