2nd whole30 for Faith and Rich... and Cathy!

bodygeek

I did okay yesterday. I ate fully whole30 compliant, though I had a snack midmorning that was a leftover blend of bananas and strawberries, so essentially just fructose. The biggest issue was I had trail mix (homemade and compliant) for most of my dinner. I think I have to give up nuts as a snack for these next few days. I also took a tylenol as I had a raging headache. I know, suck it up, buttercup, but I couldn't get anything done, I had it all day, and I still have remnants (and yes, this is possibly due to food on Sunday before starting strict again - since I had not eaten any bread or grain product since April, and Sunday I ate both a pastry and a sandwich, I did it to myself).

Mostly the snacking and the tylenol created a sense of failing. Which is exactly what I don't need. And since my partners in this didn't start yesterday either (what's up with that, guys?) I'm feeling a bit pissy about the whole thing. And the fact that my tea that I chose to drink has something called 'natural flavors'. Sigh.

So I'm not going to log unless I make mistakes. Check my other log to see what I eat, it's going to essentially be the same thing.

f.

Yesterday was all compliant, no nuts, some homemade applesauce (puréed apples and spices only, it's canning season) that pushed boundaries but still followed principle. I roasted a chicken, that's delicious.

I took two Tylenol so I could sleep - extreme back pain.. Then today I went for a short run to help my back. I think it worked some things out. Also, full compliance today so far, though I licked a bit of apple butter (once again, homemade and only spices nothing else added - canning!) from my fingers. I'm okay with both the apple sauce and apple butter as they were both made by me and had only spices... I won't eat them regularly, but as I'm riding and running a lot, the fruit bit doesn't get me.

My two partners are... MIA.

I was doing fine until I fell into two grapefruit cosmos, a plate of fries, and then broke up with my boyfriend of two years. Whole30s will forever be associated with major loss (during my first, my beloved friend Fred died). Anyway, back on the horse today. You could say I'm starting over, but I'm just adding four days to the end so I can mentally know that I'm still in it.

Anyway. Okay. My peers are still MIA.

My peers are still MIA.

Your peers aren't MIA: they're right here...in the forum!

Bummer about the breakup, but maybe it's part of the Life Cleansing Process? Like, you're doing Whole30 to get your innards working right again; maybe the breakup will help get your spirit cleaned up in a way that it needs...?

Go find a closet to clean out, or do a wardrobe purge. Then you'll have the full Cleansing Trifecta: Body, Spirit, and Environment! We're all pulling for you!

Day five was fine, compliant and appropriate foods and portions. No snacking. Nice five mile run at the end in the moonlight. So far today (six) is also fine. Taking today off from running. Washed my car, organized my knitting cabinet... Keeping busy.

Thanks, all.

Day six was fine. Couldn't manage a lot of food. Pretty nauseated over this breakup. This morning went for a run and found some community support in my running club. Now eating a whole30 breakfast of whole30 chili. Off to a movie. Will take some trail mix.

I think right now is not the time for my whole30. I did not expect to grieve this loss so much - it doesn't result in poor food choices, but with my history of disordered eating, now is not the time for me to have this focus as I want to avoid obsessive. I also don't want to go to self loathing if I make a choice that is not in line with whole30, and right now I'm already struggling to love myself after such a traumatic and out of the blue rejection. So I'll love myself as I am for a while, eat as clean as I can (I do pretty much anyway). and whole30 it up when I feel I'm ready. I'm having more trouble eating at all (so weird for me, never had that response) than eating things that aren't compliant. Will work on that.

Thanks for your support,

f.

Archived