Whole30 changed to Whole60

Rutherford

Today is Day 10 of my Whole30.

I’ve noticed when I wake up I am more alert. It doesn’t take near as long to shake off the sleep fog. And I am HARD to get up in the morning normally. I feel better too, less sluggish overall.

I think I am going to continue this past the 30-day mark. I took measurements on Day 1 and will most likely weigh in and take measurements at the 30-day mark (I haven’t weighed since I started this). Then another set after 60.

So, it’s official. My Whole30 has turned into Whole60.

I must be crazy.

You're not crazy. Today is Day 29 for me and I have made the same decision. I'm going to take a "Day 0" to weigh myself, possibly test a bit of dairy (because I'm really curious!!) then start another 30 on Feb 4th. Its just got to happen. I COULD stop down, but I know deep down that I'm really just getting started with the healing that has to happen. It would be crazy - not to mention wasteful - for me to stop now. 

Nope, not crazy, my very first Whole30 turned into a 60, Then a year later did a whole100. This time around, I am going 30 days at a time and learning more and more about me and my relationship w/food.

A whole 100! Wow! How did that go for you? I guess its just over 3 months - so not that long.  Do you feel you were able to maintain a lot of your new habits after that much time?

I think this whole "21 days to form a new habit" stuff is BS... :)

It was really no biggie. I did make some major improvements and have maintained some and still have some to work on. The way I see it for me anyway is that it's taken me many years of setting these bad habits so, 30 days are not going to fix them. The Book explain why they chose 30 days. It takes a minimum of 30 days to break a habit. I think the longer you've had it the longer to break it. That and each time I do a whole# I get improvements. This time I am working on healing my gut from Abdominal surgery and 2 weeks of antibiotics back in Oct. that left me with some nasty candida issues.

Archived