Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

Happy day 35 everyone! I had an extremely productive day! I got my elliptical workout done first thing. I've decided first I'm gonna workout on the elliptical and then around July I'll start training outside with the app for the 5k. Oh speaking of the 5k here's the link if anyone wants to contribute.

https://www.crowdrise.com/fahamidas-army-/fundraiser/nishaansari

It's for the National Race to End Women's Cancer. One of my aunts has uterine cancer so one of my cousins decided to organize a fundraiser for that race. We're all going to participate in the race as well.

OK back to whole 30 world! I got all my prep work done! And now I can hold a plank position for a minute and 15 seconds! That's good for me since I'm really weak in my upper body and I want to be able to do a push up. Hope everyone else had an amazing day too!

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 36...got some major cleaning done! Workout done! I have sooo much more energy now than I did before. As soon as I get up at 9ish, I'm wide awake and ready to take on the day! I love this routine! I can't believe we've gone through 7 weeks of this lifestyle and still going strong! Good luck everyone!

Hi Naz,

I looked up the Listerine strips on line and they have 17 ingredients in them and most of them I don't know what they are. Lots of chemicals. I don't think that's going to work I'll keep on looking.

Thanks!

I did some research and found "Wow Drops" on line at Amazon. The only ingredients are Peppermint Oil and Chlorophyll. It has good ratings. 4.6 stars. It was also in one of the Whole 30 Forums. I ordered it. I should have it by Thursday.

Hello! Well bad news for me. My plan for Sunday was to clean, do laundry and do groceries as we had been away for March Break. Instead, I don't know how but I messed up my back real bad first thing Sunday morning. I was in soooo much pain but my Chiropractor wasn't open. Had to take pain medication. My husband took care of the kids, laundry and me but not groceries unfortunately. He cooked everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was in so much pain, I just skipped meals until dinner when my hunger didn't care about the pain. My husband felt so bad because he cooked what we had in the pantry and freezer but he knew it wasn't compliant. He apologized, it was all we had and he was sorry but I had to eat. So I ate non whole30 on Sunday.

I visited the Chiropractor yesterday and I feel a little better but will need to go back a few more times. I also managed to do groceries yesterday and stocked up again.

So my whole60 is no longer but that is ok. ReaI life/unexpected stuff happens. I succeeded in my whole30 which was the most important thing/step. I will be starting another whole30 today.

Karen

I did some research and found "Wow Drops" on line at Amazon. The only ingredients are Peppermint Oil and Chlorophyll. It has good ratings. 4.6 stars. It was also in one of the Whole 30 Forums. I ordered it. I should have it by Thursday.

Tell me how they turn out and then I might get some too. Just in case...it's something nice to have in your purse instead of gum or mints.

Hello! Well bad news for me. My plan for Sunday was to clean, do laundry and do groceries as we had been away for March Break. Instead, I don't know how but I messed up my back real bad first thing Sunday morning. I was in soooo much pain but my Chiropractor wasn't open. Had to take pain medication. My husband took care of the kids, laundry and me but not groceries unfortunately. He cooked everyone breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was in so much pain, I just skipped meals until dinner when my hunger didn't care about the pain. My husband felt so bad because he cooked what we had in the pantry and freezer but he knew it wasn't compliant. He apologized, it was all we had and he was sorry but I had to eat. So I ate non whole30 on Sunday.

I visited the Chiropractor yesterday and I feel a little better but will need to go back a few more times. I also managed to do groceries yesterday and stocked up again.

So my whole60 is no longer but that is ok. ReaI life/unexpected stuff happens. I succeeded in my whole30 which was the most important thing/step. I will be starting another whole30 today.

Karen

I hope you're feeling better Karen! Do you think it's necessary for you to start another whole30? It's not like you ate what you did on Sunday on purpose. Maybe you should think that over. Even if you do start another whole 30,I hope you stay with us! Hope your back gets back to normal!

Day 37. Let's keep this moving! I'm still so surprised with the energy I have! I know all of you must be like omg shut up! Lol sorry but it just really amazes me! I hope everyone else is feeling as fantabulous as I am!

Tell me how they turn out and then I might get some too. Just in case...it's something nice to have in your purse instead of gum or mints.

I sure will. There is a lot of reviews on Amazon that were wrote by people doing Whole 30. And they all gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Karen....stay with us and keep going. You'll find the more you do Whole 30 the better you'll feel. Even if you did have a slip up.

I plan on doing this as long as it makes sense for me. It's not a diet for me any longer. ( although I do love losing weight on it). It's more about putting good quality food in my body. Since I've been on this for a while I now cringe when I see my co-workers put junk food in their mouth. The thought of sodas, popcorn, candy bars, and what ever else doesn't even sound good. I guess my cravings are gone.

Hi all

Well still going strong, but have hit a real energy slump the last couple of days. I wonder if you body does still keep going through cycles or it could be that I am fighting off something - there are a lot of colds/flus and bugs around here at the moment.

I just feel fatigued, but then my natural reaction before to feeling rubbish was to eat rubbish either 'because I needed the sugar for energy' or ' as a treat!'. I am not doing either and maybe my brain still isn't giving up on tempting me back!

On a plus - I bought myself the Fitbit Alta as my 30 day success treat, it arrived yesterday!

I am planning on just wearing it and forgetting about it for a week, to see how bad my normal actually is (even worse if it was 40 days ago lol).

I believe I only do around 3000 steps most days Mon-Fri - I get up, get ready, drive to work, sit at a desk all day or go to meetings, drive home, in for the night. I think once I know what my average is then the plan is to increase the average by 500 steps each week until I get to the 10000!

I am unsure how attainable that is as I do have some mobility problems since my cancer treatment. In my head I have 6000 as my first goal to work towards and that may be all I can manage. But we shall see. It also can be used to log water intake, track food if you wanted, steps, sleep etc...

I know this is a 30 thread but I think I am embracing a new outlook now and as I feel more confident with my food and what is going into my body, the next stage of taking care of me is becoming stronger and healthier so exercise should follow.

I do the odd fitness class and gym but I want to get back into swimming more, I also play badminton once a week.

So as my 30 has evolved into a 90!

0-30 was all about the food battle, 30-60 I want to try and get to the stage of being more active every day and aim for 3 activities per week too....who knows what 60-90 will be yet lol

On a plus - I bought myself the Fitbit Alta as my 30 day success treat, it arrived yesterday!

Good treat! I enjoyed mine so much and it really was a incentive to keep moving to hit those targets. I unfortunately lost mine while cliff jumping while on vacation in November and haven't replaced it yet. I miss having it.

Karen....stay with us and keep going. You'll find the more you do Whole 30 the better you'll feel. Even if you did have a slip up.

I plan on doing this as long as it makes sense for me. It's not a diet for me any longer. ( although I do love losing weight on it). It's more about putting good quality food in my body. Since I've been on this for a while I now cringe when I see my co-workers put junk food in their mouth. The thought of sodas, popcorn, candy bars, and what ever else doesn't even sound good. I guess my cravings are gone.

Same here! I don't miss that junk at all and now my mouth actually waters when I make my salad for lunch or I see the bag of broccoli in the fridge. And I don't mind at all that my kids are having popcorn or hubby is having ice cream and I'm not. It feels like this is all normal. Amazing isn't it!

I would love to stay here as I continue!! I find the support and check-ins helpful :) My back is better but still a little sore with the occasional spasm but it is sloooowly improving ;) Work outs are on hold for now but I am taking little walks until then.

Hi all

Well still going strong, but have hit a real energy slump the last couple of days. I wonder if you body does still keep going through cycles or it could be that I am fighting off something - there are a lot of colds/flus and bugs around here at the moment.

I just feel fatigued, but then my natural reaction before to feeling rubbish was to eat rubbish either 'because I needed the sugar for energy' or ' as a treat!'. I am not doing either and maybe my brain still isn't giving up on tempting me back!

I am planning on just wearing it and forgetting about it for a week, to see how bad my normal actually is (even worse if it was 40 days ago lol).

I believe I only do around 3000 steps most days Mon-Fri - I get up, get ready, drive to work, sit at a desk all day or go to meetings, drive home, in for the night. I think once I know what my average is then the plan is to increase the average by 500 steps each week until I get to the 10000!

I am unsure how attainable that is as I do have some mobility problems since my cancer treatment. In my head I have 6000 as my first goal to work towards and that may be all I can manage. But we shall see. It also can be used to log water intake, track food if you wanted, steps, sleep etc...

I know this is a 30 thread but I think I am embracing a new outlook now and as I feel more confident with my food and what is going into my body, the next stage of taking care of me is becoming stronger and healthier so exercise should follow.

I do the odd fitness class and gym but I want to get back into swimming more, I also play badminton once a week.

So as my 30 has evolved into a 90!

0-30 was all about the food battle, 30-60 I want to try and get to the stage of being more active every day and aim for 3 activities per week too....who knows what 60-90 will be yet lol

I'm kind of doing the same thing Sarah. The first 30 days I was focused on what I was eating and creating a routine. Now that that's accomplished, I'm focusing on my fitness. I'm working out everyday on the elliptical but today I also got a weight bench so I can start some strength training. I'm planning to do 3 alternating days of a video series called Masters Hammer and Chisel. On the other 3 days I'll do workouts on the elliptical which will then turn into running in the neighborhood. I've gotta get myself ready for a 5k in November! That'll be my ultimate goal-to make it through that 5k! Come to think of it, I feel like I'm on that show, My Diet Is Better Than Yours. The contestants had to try out a dieting plan for 14 weeks and their last goal was to make it through a 5k! What a coincidence!

I would love to stay here as I continue!! I find the support and check-ins helpful :) My back is better but still a little sore with the occasional spasm but it is sloooowly improving ;) Work outs are on hold for now but I am taking little walks until then.

That's so great! We'd love for you to stay! Hope you're fully recovered soon. Do you know what caused the problem?

Sarah... Fitbits are great. I have one and use it everyday. I did a lot of shopping today and I put about 8,000 steps on it. When I first got it I put on about 16,000 steps a day. That was in the Winter when I take three months off of work. Since I've been back I don't have much time for walking. ( need to really push myself)

Karen....I'm glad your back is better! That normally takes awhile to heal.

Naz...I enjoy salads a lot too. Lately I've been making an Asian Chicken salad and taking it to work for lunch. I had a number of people walk pass my desk and commenting how good it looks. I found the dressing in the Whole 30 book under "Asian Vinaigrette. Yummy

Naz...I enjoy salads a lot too. Lately I've been making an Asian Chicken salad and taking it to work for lunch. I had a number of people walk pass my desk and commenting how good it looks. I found the dressing in the Whole 30 book under "Asian Vinaigrette. Yummy

Yeah that's exactly the vinaigrette I use. It's my favorite!

Day 39! Almost 10 days in this round. Hope everyone is doing well and not having any trouble. Today we had such beautiful weather that I got time to sit outside and let the kids play while I read my book. Side note: if any of you need some good books to read, try the Outlander series. It may have some quiet, slow spots but other than that is really good. I can't put it down these days since it's picking up some momentum. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Naz...I got the Wow Drops in the mail today. It is amazing. It's really strong and I know why they call it WOW. It's worth buying.

I also made a dish I found on Pinterest. By my Natural Family. It's Sun-Dried Tomato Creamy Chicken. It's like a recipe I used to make but substuting the cream for Coconut Milk. I was very good. Here is the link if anyone wants it.

http://pin.it/itpMssJ

I made it with cauliflower rice.

Keep at it everyone!

Naz...I got the Wow Drops in the mail today. It is amazing. It's really strong and I know why they call it WOW. It's worth buying.

I also made a dish I found on Pinterest. By my Natural Family. It's Sun-Dried Tomato Creamy Chicken. It's like a recipe I used to make but substuting the cream for Coconut Milk. I was very good. Here is the link if anyone wants it.

http://pin.it/itpMssJ

I made it with cauliflower rice.

Keep at it everyone!

I loveeeeeee cauliflower rice! I found a pin the other day on Pinterest that gave me the idea of freezing the grated cauliflower. Then just thaw it out and cook it. I prefer to roast mine but that's just me! Here's the direct link to the blog article called how to prep and freeze cauliflower.

http://www.thepinningmama.com/how-to-prep-and-freeze-cauliflower-rice/?utm_content=buffer14162&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=KOTHbuffer

Hi everyone! Happy day 41! Yesterday got all my grocery shopping done. And tomorrow I'm gonna get some prep work done. I'm also gonna start the hammer and chisel workout tomorrow. A little nervous but hopefully will go well! Hope everyone else is still going strong!

I loveeeeeee cauliflower rice! I found a pin the other day on Pinterest that gave me the idea of freezing the grated cauliflower. Then just thaw it out and cook it. I prefer to roast mine but that's just me! Here's the direct link to the blog article called how to prep and freeze cauliflower. http://www.thepinningmama.com/how-to-prep-and-freeze-cauliflower-rice/?utm_content=buffer14162&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=KOTHbuffer

I cooked cauliflower rice at least 4 days a week. I've been buying them already pre-grated in bags at Trader Joes and I've also heard that some Walmart stores carry them. I've never thought of freezing them...Thanks!

Day 42! Today I did my new workout and I'm already starting to feel a little sore! I did some prep work. I made some Sriracha sauce, cut up a bunch of veggies and "riced" 2 heads of cauliflower and froze them. I hope it'll still be as good as fresh cauliflower rice. Hope everyone had a good weekend

Archived