Starting February 15, 2016

Naz786

Hi Everyone!​

I've picked my start date as Monday February 15 the day after Valentine's Day so that all the sweets and treats will no longer be there to tempt me!  :P

If anyone else has the same idea, come and join me!

The more, the merrier!

Naz

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my second time. I am a mother of 2 children (6 and 7). I did whole30 in 2014 and it was a success. It turned into a whole 60, then 90 and then changed to a paleo eatig afterwards. All was good, I was healthy and as comfy in my body as I could be. I went on vacation in October of last year and ate whatever I wanted (saw) and then holiday parties started and I ate whatever I wanted (saw) and I basically fell back into poor eating and now I am 20-ish pounds heavier this February than I was last February and it has really bummed me out.

So here I am, committing to Whole30 again and looking forward to taking control of myself again and losing that extra weight that I certainly don't need or want!!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 on the 15th also! I'm Happy to see others starting the same day. Long term I would like to lose about 30 pounds and hope that Whole 30 will help me break up with my sweet tooth. I am training for my first half marathon in June, after a month of running alot I haven't seen any real changes in scale/measurements and I know its because I am weak and eat far too many sweet and processed foods. I also have a medical diagnosis of endometriosis, eating 'clean' such as Whole 30 is reported to have great benefits for pain management with endometriosis, so that will be an added perk.

This will be my first whole30 ever. Karen, I too have gained 15-20 pounds since Halloween and I feel add if I'm becoming an uncontrollable binge eater late night. I hope w30 can "fix" all these issues I have with food. I also have 2 kids (4.5 years old and a 2 year old).

Ekloretto, so glad that you'll join us!

I'm excited for all of us and hope it works out! Has anyone started planning their w30? I'm double-minded about including a workout during the first 2 weeks since those will be the hardest. Any suggestions?

Hey hey hey!

I too shall join the 15th Feb. This is my second with my first having been 2 years ago. I have eaten paleo since buuut recently have been giving in far too often to temptation (yogurt y u soo gud!) and looking to heal, re-compose and glow!

If anyone needs a W30 buddy or support at any point feel free to send me a message.

Looking forward to moving onwards and upwards with you all ^_^

me, me me!!!

Hi all :) I'm Jen.

I am starting on 15th too. I was planning to start Feb 1st but sadly my Dad passed away unexpectedly recently and nothing has been normal since.

Anyway - I am in my early 30's, have 3 kids (11,9 & 7) and have attempted and failed to do a whole 30 a few times!!! I have had problems with food since my teens. I was bulimic and have been through stages of sever restricting and binge eating too. I am sick of food controlling me. I want to learn to use food as a fuel instead of a crutch. 

I am determined and excited to do this! I have been eating paleo since the start of the month so hopefully that will help make the transition a little smoother!

Jen,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences for you and your family.

I hope this time the whole30 will work for you as well as the rest of us! I'm excited, nervous, anxious about trying out for the first time! Hopefully we'll help each other out and the 30 days will breeze by!

Good luck and welcome Jen!

Starting my first Whole30 on this date too! After college I started gaining weight (pretty typical), but fell into a depression the last two years and just ballooned. I'm finally in a happier state, but would be much happier if I got back to my normal weight. Really excited to start the Whole30 as a big step towards that :)

Hi

Also starting on the 15th!

This is my first whole 30, not sure what to expect but I am so inspired by all the people who say they feel so much better after doing this. I need some of that!

I am 40, from the UK, I have an 18yo daughter, work full time and drive lots for work. I had cancer 10 years ago (Stage 3b) so was very ill for several years, had surgeries, radiotherapy, lots of different medications. I have been left with several health issues since the cancer- but hey I am still here!

I have not looked after myself and just feel its time I did!

I am just hoping I can stick to this for the 30 days and feeling better is my goal! Of course losing some Lbs would be lovely too!

Good luck to all of us for Monday!

Hey Everyone! 

My name is Jessica and I am also starting the 15th! This is my first Whole30 and I couldn't be more excited. I eat a mostly dairy free and gluten free diet ( or at least should be, but do get tempted by all the sweets. I am looking to make changes in my PCOS, sleep, headaches/mirgraines, mood, energy levels and of course lose weight. I am hoping this whole30 will help set me on the right track to achieve my health goals this year.

Happy planning everyone! Looking forward to taking this journey with you all!

Hello Peacefuldreamer - so sorry about your dad. Glad to see you here!

Hello DarDar - Welcome and here is to happy and healthy for all of us!

Hello saraAwright - If you conquered cancer, you can conquer 30 days! Nice to have you here.

Hello Jessa01 - Welcome! It's those sweets that get us every time isn't it?! Whole30 helped my PCOS dramatically after 30 days. I extended my first whole30 to a whole90 and everything felt better. Everything.

Very excited to be tackling 30 days with you all!!

Karen

Hello ladies!!!

I am also starting on the 15th. This will be my first Whole30 and I have been wanting to start for a while.  I actually cleaned out my pantry and fridge the week after Christmas in preparation, but then that just led to a lot of eating out! Whoops! That back-fired.

I am a mother of three little monkeys (11,9 and 5... oh and 36 if you count the husband.) I work full time as an acute care nurse practitioner and I gained a lot of weight while making my way through my doctorate program. When I started school my low weight was 132. I most recently weighed in at 168. I also started anti-depressants in the mix of school and stopped taking them about 3 months ago because I do not want to be dependent on pills for health and happiness.

I know that I do not treat my body or my mind well and its time that I change that. Its time that I change it not only for me, but for my family.  We deserve the happier, healthier mom that I was 5 years ago.

One of my biggest fears..... I CANT COOK!!   LOL   Staying on track is a fear for me simply because I don't know the difference between diced/chopped and minced! Getting my hands dirty in the kitchen is not something I grew up doing. Starting that aspect is terrifying!

So now.... Lets do this!!

Rikki

Thanks for all the words of support - I think having a group of us going through it together will be super helpful!

Also because of the time difference (I'm in the UK) its nice to wake up to see lots of positive messages!

Today I am going to use the book to plan out my first week's food, should be delivered on Saturday then use Sunday afternoon to start preparing!

Hello Everyone! 

I'll be starting on Monday as well. Last year I started in May and total lost of 33lbs with the help of Whole 30/Paleo. I'm so grateful for this program as it also has helped with my chronic migraines and noticed that I have a gluten and soy allergy. Anyway, after attempting to do a bunch of 'resets' I feel that I am in the correct mindset to complete a whole 30 days. I've been slacking recently with allowing certain things in my daily intake that I feel shouldn't be and now I have cravings for those items.

Background. I come from a EDing background with binging and purging episodes common in my daily activity. I also had episodes of extreme restriction too. After finding Whole 30 I noticed that I could eat and feel healthy and kick that darn scale! I have been healthier all around the last year since coming to Whole 30 mentally and physically. I'm excited to complete my 2nd WHOLE round of 30 days. I hope that I can be disciple enough to do this for myself. 

Archived