Reintroduction Help

glkemp

With only 4 days left on my first Whole30, I've run into a conundrum.  I was so very proud of myself of all the planning and preparation that I put in for a full week prior to starting.  I had Leslie Knope-level binders of each week's menu and shopping lists/recipes.  Over the last couple of weeks before starting, when I went to my regular haunts, I jotted down options in my phone that were Whole30 compliant and/or easily adjustable. I had looked ahead 30 days and found no major events or issues in my way - which is a huge deal for an attorney.   I was READY.  

About 10 days into the process, my best friend of 20 years decides to bump up her bachelorette weekend and the first day falls on Day 31.  Completely unforeseen but major life event bumped right into the first day of reintroduction.  Luckily, my friend didn't choose anything wild and crazy, so I don't think drinking will be an issue.  I have found that I haven't missed it at all.  But, this trip will be to a very rural, Southern town where I can't imagine I will be able to do a lot of substitutions/alternatives - at least from what I can tell from my research into the restaurants that the group plans to hit.  

So - all that and I'll add this twist - I had a second Whole30 planned for March, just a few days (5 to be exact) after I concluded reintroduction.  

The only solution I can come up with is do the best I can over the weekend and then start my second Whole30 after the trip, since I have everything prepared and ready to go anyway.  But, that would mean completely skipping a reintroduction.

Thoughts?  Help!? 

I'm sort of in that boat . . . . Day 31 here and a Mexico trip next week where I want to try some off-plan foods, and not in a science-experiment way. I, too, am doing another Whole30 in March. Maybe we just have to chalk this first one up to good habits.  Love the Knope reference. :)

Archived