Amanda's Post Whole30

AmandaPratt

Today is Day 31 so I am starting my reintro! I feel like i'd like to try and lose some more weight and give my body more time to heal but it's important for me to see how off plan foods affect me (for my endometriosis) so i'd like to try reintro and then possibly go back fully whole30 for awhile longer.

Today I am doing Legumes:

Breakfast:

• Large piece of egg casserole (palm size of ground pork, 2.5 eggs, sweet potato, bell peppers, spinach)
  • 1/4 Avocado
  • Serving of black beans
  • Coffee with compliant almond milk

Lunch

• Can of chicken mixed with black beans
  • 1/4 Avocado
  • Handful of cherry tomatoes
  • About 3 cups of spinach & kale mix
  • GT's Kombucha

Dinner

• 1.5 palm sized amount of pork loin
  • Red potatoes and carrots cooked with pork
  • Broccoli or Zuchinni (not sure yet) cooked in ghee
  • Half an apple and peanut butter

I just ate lunch and so far no reaction to the beans yet. I have been really constipated these past couple of weeks (TMI, I know) and I started taking Natural Calm on Saturday to see if that will help.

So the peanut butter I had was natural but did contain some extra sugar and WOW do I feel like crap now!! Almost immediately I felt shaky and nauseous and then about 10 mins later got a horrible headache. It could have been the peanuts but it definitely feels more like a rush of sugar. This is a feeling I don't want to feel again.

Back fully compliant today but feeling really fatigued. I'm not sure if this is due to a hard workout I did on Tuesday evening though (I can barely walk today, ouch!!). I'm honestly not feeling great in general today, I feel bloated and heavy and not as hungry as normal. I'm really wondering if this is from the beans and peanuts I had yesterday. 

Breakfast:

• Large piece of egg casserole (palm size of ground pork, 2.5 eggs, sweet potato, bell peppers, spinach)
  • 1/4 Avocado
  • Coffee with almond milk

Lunch:

• Pulled pork mixed with 1/4 avocado and cherry tomatoes and put on butter lettuce
  • Broccoli
  • 5 grapes

Dinner:

• Pork loin with red potatoes and carrots cooked with pork
  • Zucchini cooked in ghee

Today but I feel way better than I did yesterday, I have to believe that part of what I felt yesterday was from the legumes but I may need to try them again in the future to see. I'm realizing how much happier I feel eating whole 30 and it's something I never thought I would say. I thought I HAD to have processed sugar and bread to be happy. While I think i'll enjoy those things on special occasions, I am much happier without them on a regular basis. 

I also noticed that i'm feeling fuller for longer and the ravenous feeling I had for most of my whole 30 is gone. I'm very happy about that. 

Here's what I ate today, my dairy intro will be tomorrow:

Breakfast:

• Piece of egg casserole (palm size of ground pork, 2.5 eggs, sweet potato, bell peppers, spinach)
  • 1/4 Avocado

Lunch:

• 1 Aidels Chicken and Apple Sausage with some mustard
  • 1/8 of an avocado
  • 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 whole sauteed bell pepper, broccoli
  • 5 grapes
  • GT's Kombucha

Dinner:

• Pork loin with red potatoes and carrots cooked with pork
  • Zucchini cooked in ghee
  • 1/2 a banana and some almond butter

OK I haven't updated in a few days so here we go!

Dairy Intro:

Breakfast:

• 3 paleo pancakes topped with greek yogurt
  • 1 whole zucchini cooked with 1 egg

Lunch:

• Pork Loin
  • Broccoli

Snack

• Small chocolate froyo

Dinner:

• Big salad
  • 8oz steak
  • Asparagus

Dairy was not my friend! Almost immediately after having the yogurt I felt my throat tighten and it felt scratchy and burning. My head hurt and I just felt foggy and tired. I didn't want to try anymore dairy after that but I was out with friends in the afternoon who stopped for froyo so I thought i'd give it a try. Same reaction. I skipped dairy with dinner and felt better. I also was really surprised by the fact that I didn't enjoy the paleo pancakes at all! I wanted the meat and eggs more, which is something that I never would have said before. 

Non gluten grain intro:

Breakfast (didn't intro anything with this meal):

• Piece of egg casserole (palm size of ground pork, 2.5 eggs, sweet potato, bell peppers, spinach)
  • 1/4 Avocado

Lunch:

• Big bowl of tortilla soup that included strips of corn tortillas
  • Small side salad
  • GT's Kombucha

Snack:

• Larabar (driving 2 1/2 hours and felt a little anxious, this food was totally emotional eating)

Dinner:

• 2 Hardboiled eggs
  • Tri Tip
  • Asparagus
  • Sweet potato

This day was rough and it wasn't because introduced corn. I did realize the corn made me gassy but I figured it would because when I was little my mom had to switch my formula to one that did not contain corn because it made me really gassy and sick. While making dinner I sliced my finger open and had to go to the emergency room to get stitches which put off my eating until about 10:30pm. This happened 2 days ago and i'm just feeling really run down still, i don't know if it's from the corn of the impact of the trauma on my body. Either way i'm over this!

I'm supposed to intro gluten tomorrow but I may way until Saturday or longer. I haven't enjoyed introducing foods at all, i've felt pretty run down since I ended my whole 30 and I don't like feeling this way. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

I did my reintro of Gluten on Saturday but I was nervous about adding it in at all three meals so I just had some at dinner. Saturday was not a great day for me in terms of matching the meal template. I was out and about during the day so lunch was kind of off.

Breakfast:

• Omelet made with 3 eggs & 2 zucchini
  • 1/4 Avocado 
  • 1 cutie orange
  • Coffee with Almond milk

Lunch:

• Lettuce wrapped in-in-out burger with mustard instead of spread (I forgot to order a double double so the one patty was not enough protein at all)

Snack:

• Carrots, Cucumber & Banana
  • Larabar

Dinner:

• Smoked chicken breast and thigh
  • Carrots and Zucchini
  • Biscuit (so yum though!)

Snack

• A few banana chips and dried mango slices

So as you can see this was not my best day by far, there was too much snacking. I was surprised that I didn't feel much after eating the biscuit. I kept waiting for something bad to happen yesterday but I felt great. I've had a little bit of endo pain today which I thought might occur because gluten is sometimes linked to endo pain. I may try more gluten later on but we'll see!

Archived