Day 31 - victory

bebeaccia

Day 31 - Results

Non Scale Victories -

• Broke up 30+ year habit of artificial sweeteners (put it on everything from coffee, tea, yogurt, fruit, smoothies, etc.)
  • More energy
  • Sleeping more soundly
  • Cooked amazing gourmet foods
  • Ate until content (no starving or calorie restrictions)
  • Very little actual hunger
  • Not starving in between meals
  • No weigh in every day feeling that awful feeling of defeat or elation based on the number

Scale Victory
Lost 4 pounds (yes I wanted more… was hoping for 10, but have to consider the fact that I was sick for at least 20 of days of the 30 day program and while being sick did not cause me to eat off plan, the meds I took may have contributed… i.e.., very strong antibiotics, steroids, and inhaler).

For today….
Will likely reintroduce dairy

Congratulations on your Whole 30!  I have 6 days left to go. I'm thinking I'd like to reintroduce dairy first as well.  While I can drink my coffee black I so enjoyed my flavored creamers.  Who knows, maybe I won't like it as much now.  And cheese, I do want cheese!  :)

Please continue to post how you do with the reintroduction.

Congratulations on your Whole 30!  I have 6 days left to go. I'm thinking I'd like to reintroduce dairy first as well.  While I can drink my coffee black I so enjoyed my flavored creamers.  Who knows, maybe I won't like it as much now.  And cheese, I do want cheese!  :)

Please continue to post how you do with the reintroduction.

Good morning LuvFlyGirl: This morning I reintroduced some plain greek yogurt. Historically I would have used stevia to sweeten it with, but this morning I had it like this:

Maybe 3/4 of a cup of Fage Plain 0% greek yogurt

1 T Chia seeds

maybe 5 raw walnuts

I orange cut up

MIxed it all up and the first bite was AMAZING... it tasted so sweet to me which was a total surprise as I fully expected it to be bitter.

Now I'm waiting to see how I feel. I need to see if this awakens any sugar dragons or any other cravings and if it sustains me. I'm def not ready to add anything in my coffee. I always had flavored sweetener AND stevia in my coffee. DEF not something I was to reintroduce. I'm going to try really hard to keep my coffee black and not use it as a reward of any kind.

Will keep you posted on the reintro.

Good luck to you on your final 6 days!!!

Tomorrow is Day 30!  I'm really enjoying this and almost a little apprehensive about reintroduction, silly I'm sure.  I actually have had very few and very fleeting cravings.  I count myself lucky as I know others have struggled in that area.  The challenge for me will be eating out I think.  Also my husband wants to reintroduce different things than I do, so a cooking challenge there as well. 

I also did the flavored sweetener AND stevia, lol!  I'm sure I can skip the stevia even though I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it not being ok.

I have done a pantry cleaning during this time and tossed a bunch of not so great for you items.  Many had sat there so long they were expired so not a great loss, should have used them when I bought them!

So, it's been a few days of reintroduction for you.  Still going ok?

Archived