My Whole30 ends March 15th, but

amab

Hi! I've decided that I will continue with the program, but I have a big problem. It won't let me sleep... (so tragic). My birthday is at the end of the month, and I love cake.. seriously love it. But I don't want to start over.. but I love cake.. see the problem? 

I've lost a dress size and I'm completely and absolutely in love with the program, but I can't help feeling guilty (even from now), about wanting cake for my birthday... 

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I feel awful about it. 

Please, help! 

First: Breath! :)

Second: Food has no morality. You shouldn't feel guilty about wanting or even eating cake. You're not bad for wanting cake.

Why can't you do W30 up till your birthday, then have a piece of cake, knowing that there may be consequences from eating that cake, but enjoy every. single. bite. while you eat it? Really relish that piece of cake. Then, the next morning, you get up and have meal 1 as usual, and continue with W30 eating?

What if you postpone your birthday celebration until the Whole30 period is over? I guess that would mean you kind of blow the reintroduction process, but you still get your official 30 days.

Or, like Rhed suggested, give yourself the cake interlude and immediately resume the W30 eating, but know that wouldn't be a "true" W30, just two W15's back to back.

I can relate. My birthday was on Day 8 of my Whole 30 (on day 21 today.) I was going to start after my birthday so I could have my very favorite food: birthday cake and ice cream! However, I was feeling such a mess that the guidance, divine and otherwise, was start NOW. So we began, my partner and I, on Feb. 29. I went dancing on my birthday, and there was a cake for my friends and me who all had birthdays. I did not touch it because if I got any on my hands I could not lick my fingers! It was awesome!

Not that I am superwoman for resisting cake. I was liberated. Because if I had one piece of cake I would have had four. Not being tempted because of my commitment was freedom from cake. I am saving up a post re-entry celebration, if my body wants it. 

So happy birthday, and for this birthday, recognize you gave yourself Whole 30 as a present!  

PS. my birthday treat was a cup of bullet proof coffee, which I don't take regularly, but it sure was fun on my special day!

Thanks,  DivaCarla! I decided I will continue with my whole30 and make it a whole45. (I'm on day 30 today!!!!)

I will celebrate my birthday with fruit salad! I'm feeling great, eating healthy and have more room to breathe! I've lost one pant size and I am over the moon! Thank you all for your advice! 

Archived