Pre and post workout

a5saad

Hi!

I am really struggling to find the right things to eat for pre or post workout meals.

I like to workout in the morning and am not used to eating beforehand. I don't have a lot of time so I am used to just grabbing a shake after before work. This is the second time I have worked out in the morning and am just beat by 230/3;00. I think I am not eating enough and can't think of fast, easy things to eat before and after.

Help!!!

Hi!

I am really struggling to find the right things to eat for pre or post workout meals.

I like to workout in the morning and am not used to eating beforehand. I don't have a lot of time so I am used to just grabbing a shake after before work. This is the second time I have worked out in the morning and am just beat by 230/3;00. I think I am not eating enough and can't think of fast, easy things to eat before and after.

Help!!!

I also have the same question. Specifically for vegetarian options for pre and post workout. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks! 

Pre WO should be protein & fat. I'd go with a HB egg, or even some egg salad made with the homemade mayo. I also workout first thing in the morning, and I tended to feel sluggish eating first, so I just skipped it.

Post WO should be lean protein and high carb veg (no fruit), so I eat a small piece of grilled chicken breast, and some mashed sweet potato. This should be within 15-30 after you finish your WO. I keep it in a small container with me if I run far from home and eat it right after I finish running. If I run close to home, I eat it at home. Then shower, change and make breakfast.

I hope this helps! You can check out some of the posts in the Whole 30 for Athletes forum as well!

Archived