Starting on Easter..with the Fam! Help me now!

PeytonsMom

Greetings, Whole 30'ers..

I completed a Whole30 last summer and enjoyed the experience. Not sure how I made it through the summer, surrounded by BBQs and maragaritas, but I did it! (with Kombucha in hand) Since then, I have been off-and-on eating paleo, but I do stay mostly gluten and dairy free. (due to autoimmune issues)

This time, I was nudged to join a friend who wanted to start it next week. I told her I would join her for moral support! In the process of duscussing this, my hubby said HE too, would be interested in the program! This frightens me, since he is a big beer-dessert-bread-rum-sugar lover (amongst other things...ice cream, anyone?). I told him I would meal plan and pointed out that beer and booze are a NO-NO...hopefully, he understands this. It can't be THAT hard, right?

The other (reluctant) participant in this round? MY MOM. She is 73yo and a carb-sugar-processedfood junkie who can't end the day without Twizzlers or honey roasted peanuts. She stashes candy in her nightstand. How do I know this? She lives in our basement.

We also have a 2 year old toddler, who will basically eat anything...so I am not worried about modifying the program for her little appetite.

I hope we all can get through this successfully...together as a team...and not be at each other's throats! Any suggestions for making it fun and easy (or at least not excrutiatingly painful) for the Fam and my friend?

Wow -- good luck with your mom! I'm impressed she's going to give it a try. My mom lives in our basement and she eats like a home-alone 12-year-old. She will eat a Paleo meal with us occasionally, but mostly she sticks to her candy, cookies, toaster waffles with PB&J, cheese sandwiches, bagels and cream cheese, and hot chocolate.  

Your mom and my mom must be long lost sisters....I am not sure how she will handle this...if anything, if she can even do a 'modified' version (no junk food, but maybe some tolerances, like milk, cheese, etc), I would be happy! I don't want to rag on her anymore than I already have over the past couple years!

Archived