Alcohol - First reintroduction

LinBledsoe

So i finished my first Whole 30 and my first reintroduction was alcohol - I have been wanting margaritas since I started! So, that is what i did - I had four margarita swirls for  my first reintroduction (was not able to find any info on any other non compliant ingredients), consequently,  I have felt horrible the last 4 days and have not done my second reintroduction because of it.

Maybe four was too many - I was with friends and socializing for the first time really, in 30 days and they tasted magnificent. So, what are your thoughts on this? Maybe there were other things in there I did not know about? Maybe I just had too many? Or it was the combo of sugar and alcohol? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I can imagine it was the combo of sugar and alcohol...and the amount! Margaritas are notoriously sugary and your body had no idea what to do with all of that after such a long absence. I would keep on the Whole30 until you are back to feeling normal and start with reintro of regular foods, following the program guidelines (legumes first). 

@CaGirl -- I'm in nursing school right now, which is taking up ALL of my time; there really has not been any time or an occasion to go out with friends and the ones who did invite me for drinks, well, once I told them i couldnt drink right now because of Whole 30 they came back and told me that we'll just have to wait until its over. So, thats what we did.

@Madness -- thanks for the reply. I figured it would've been the combo of sugar/alcohol that did me in. I should've known not to drink that many, but sometimes you get caught up enjoying your time with friends and next thing you know... you had more drinks that you wanted to initially. I have been whole30 compliant since then and will plan on doing so until i feel better; then i'll go back to my reintroductions. I have a feeling i will be eating whole30 9/10 times, especially after this incidence. Just reminded me how bad i can feel. 

@CaGirl - hey! I totally agree!! They were sayin "aww, thats no fun, we'll just have to go when you get done" - im thinking to myself, I am still fun without alcohol! So, totally agree - maybe it makes them feel better about themselves, who knows.They were my nursing friends; we're still in the getting to know each other phase

Archived