Karyn's Whole30

ksweet

I am about seven weeks postpartum and baby is nursing very well. I had to eat low carb through the pregnancy to manage blood sugars but have been eating lots of junk since she was born. I feel overwhelmed to deal with a Whole30 at this time along with all the other "life things" but I don't seem to do well just eating junk "in moderation". There's no moderation to be found in the way i eat. So I figured Whole30's rules will help me out. I guess it will be easier than low carb in that we're allowed fruit and root veggies but harder in that we can't have dairy or fake sugars (not that those are great anyhow). I have our meals planned out for the next 30 days and the freezers and pantries full. 

M1: scrambled eggs with bacon, two larabars, tea, kombucha (need veggies!)

M2: salad with meat and eggs on top

M3: roast chicken, potatoes, green beans

I've had a headache most of the day. Luckily I did manage a short nap. I've discovered that having larabars in the house is NOT a good idea for me. Also, I'm not sure I'll be able to do white potatoes (food without brakes for me so far). 

M1: sausage and broccoli fritata, potatoes, tea

S: larabar

L: chicken salad, salad, strawberries, sweet potato

S: potatoes, two larabars

D: will be meatballs, sweet potato, squash, avocado

M1: frittata, tea, larabar

M2: salad with chicken and egg, baked potato, two larabars

S:meatloaf, energy bar

M3:pot roast, potatoes, carrots

S: energy bar

I’m feeling better than yesterday -- little headache, not so tired, my head is a bit less congested. I don’t know if I’m adjusting or if my little cold is going away. I’m not complaining though. Things have been going well enough aside from eating too many larabars. Or maybe just eating too much period. The larabars and energy bars are almost gone from the house. I’m more struggling with boredom eating more than cravings.

M1: frittata, tea

S: energy bars

M2: pot roast

S: not sure if I'll need

M3: will be carnitas, potatoes, salad, squash

I'm feeling pretty good today. The baby is sleeping better as well. I don't know if it's the change in the night light or in my milk or both. I'm eating less today, which is good. I know I was eating too much the past two days but am glad it seems to be leveling out.

Archived