Starting soon...

chrissyml

Hey, everyone!  I'm new here.  :)  I've heard amazing things about this program.  Lately I have been eating way too much junk even though I know better!  I'm 37 years old, east coast of the US.  I'm a teacher and a cat lover.  I like to exercise but I don't always make time for it.  I bought the book yesterday and was thinking I'd read it today and start tomorrow but now I realize there's much more prep work I need to do!  I want to start as soon as I can, though, because I'm eager to get back on a healthy path.

If anyone has any tips for someone who is single (and therefore can make small, simple meals) doing this plan, I'd love to hear them.  I only have myself to consider when it comes to meal planning and I don't mind having the same things a few days in a row, so I think that will be a big help.  A problem is that I hate eggs, though.  I wish I didn't.  :/  I'm thinking I'll have to have grilled chicken or turkey for breakfast.  I don't mind doing that. :)  

I don't like eggs either (I blame my dad. It's better you not know) but I've seen a lot of people ear leftovers for meal one (instead of calling it breakfast)

As far as cooking for one, I, personally, would make a generally unseasoned (or just salt and pepper) protein that you can adjust to your mood, whether Asian inspired, or good ol southern cooking, or Tex mex... And freeze individual portion of it. And also prepping a bunch of veggies (my current favorite ways are via roasting or grilling... :) ) that you can grab and eat. And have fun with it. :)

Good luck getting started!

I agree with Karen_Suep. I would check out the Hot Plates from Melissa in Well Fed (I think you can see them on the website) and do something like that. I'm cooking for several people, but I normally prep some root veggies and meat on Sunday. I will cook 5-8 chicken breasts in the crock pot and that will last us several days for lunches and post workout. 

I also cut up a lot of veggies on sat or sunday so they are quickly accessible to steam or saute during the week. I am getting ready to roast my golden beets today while I'm roasting some spaghetti squash. 

Archived