Day11: my love affair with almond milk is over

shelley417

When I first started my Whole 30 I stated that the 2 things I hated most to give up were wine and almond milk ( particularly in my coffee). Well first I was surprised how easy it was to give up the wine. I feel so much better without it.

Now for the almond milk. I loved almond milk. Not only for my coffee but because we keep kosher in our home, I used both almond milk and So Delicious Coconut milk creamer as dairy substitutes when making meat dishes-- especially in side dishes that we served with meat.

I kept wondering whats so bad about boxed almond milk and coconut milk and so I started reading about carrageenan. Now, I can't possibly think about putting almond milk back in my diet after reading about it. While i am not crazy about the coconut milk in my coffee, I think some further solutions will be revealed as i go along in this 30 days,

We used to use almond milk for my son (dairy allergy). It seemed to turn his teeth a tannish/brown color. Switch him to So-Delicious coconut milk and his teeth whitened back up...coincidence maybe?

What I tend to do for "creamer" in my coffee is:

Place a can of whole fat coconut milk in the fridge.

Next day open it, scoop off the cream from the top and store it in a sealed container in the fridge.

Then I just spoon it into the coffee (or whatever needs cream).

Personally, I like it better than heavy whipping cream, or anything else for that matter.

Archived