Starting May 16

AngelEyz

Hello all,

I'm looking forward to connecting to others here. I've read "It Starts with Food" and I'm officially going to start my first Whole 30 next Monday May 16. I've been eating "sort of clean" by Whole 30 standards for about a year (eliminated sugar/sweeteners and processed carbs), and have lost 60 pounds. Weight loss is a part of my motivation for trying the Whole 30, but I'm equally interested in the other benefits I've read about -- increased energy & stamina, a healthier body and a functional relationship with food. Looking forward to getting started and sharing my journey with some of you.

Hi there, mind if I join you?

I'll be starting on Sunday, May 15th.

This will be my second round of Whole30 this year.  I did 60 days over Lent and lost a ton of weight.  I know that weight loss isn't the goal of Whole30, but heart disease, diabetes and cancer run in my family.  All diseases that can be aggravated by being 

overweight and I don't want to even start down that path.  It's easier for me to eat in a healthy way when I have the strict framework of the program.  Despite all the restrictions, I found great freedom from my irresistible cravings.  I like how I feel in control on this program.  I can go about my life without feeling that I need that candy bar at the checkout counter.  I can enjoy my evenings without the constant distraction of "I sure wish I had some ice cream right now."

Near the end of my last round I got rather lazy with my vegetable servings.  I relied too heavily on convenience foods, that while technically compliant, probably weren't the best things to make a meal out of.  For example, I'd microwave a chicken sausage and nibble some baby carrots and olives rather than creating a nice meal out of carefully balanced foods.  And I also did no exercise whatsoever.  Our family was sick for weeks and it was in the midst of winter so I didn't feel like going outside at all.  This time I'm going to be just as intentional about my activity as I am with my food.  

I'm looking forward to getting back "on plan!"

I'd also like to join you! I will be starting the 15th and am looking for a thread of people to connect with. This will be my 5th Whole30! I completed my first Whole30 in August 2014 and most recently completed one in January 2016. I have this tendency to suck at reintroduction and inevitably end up falling face first into a smorgaborg of irritating foods soon after completely a Whole30. This go 'round I hope to focus on food addictions and the physiological responses I have to certain foods. I have learned more about myself with every round and look forward to really knocking this one out of the park for some solid life-changing perspective and resolve.

I'd like to join you in starting on Monday,if you don't mind.

I had been doing really well at eating good food, higher good fats, no wheat for a while then this week I've been working away from home and screwed up. Trouble is once I start on rubbish food I can't stop. One bread roll leads to a snickers and more and more sugars and white carbs.

I know I need this challenge, so Monday 16th May is going to be my start date.

I'm restarting May 16 but would love to follow you all as well.  This will be my 2nd Whole 30-my first I completed in January 2015. I have restarted many times but did not successfully finish-keep letting the excuse of a busy life get in my way.  I have 30 days until vacation-I would love to complete this round and feel better and more energetic going into summer. I have noticed the inflammation and general sense of not feeling well I get from eating certain foods-I.e. sugar, dairy and wheat.  I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and am looking forward to the support from this group-let's go!

Waving my hands, wildly..."Me too, me too!"  I've been pondering this for a couple of weeks now, waiting for all the stars to align and the frige/pantry to magically make order from the chaos.  OK, I'm actually taking the day off to make this happen.  Let's DO this! 

I too, am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  57 just isn't THAT old.

OMG... I took the pics this morning, or rather had my DH do it. Wow.  How did all that belly get there?  Feeling embarrassed and motivated and a little scared all at once.

Just getting back here after a busy few days away. I did start today, and so far, so good. I live with my two Boston Terriers and while they're not unsupportive, they're a little light on conversation. And my boyfriend's not sure - he's in wait and see mode at the moment.

I'm with all of you on sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. This isn't what I wanted out of my "late middle youth." :)  I didn't take pictures, but stood on the scale for the last time for 30 days. That part's quite liberating.

As for food, I started today with two eggs scrambled with zucchini, onion and avocado and a handful of farm fresh cherries I picked up on the way home through cherry territory yesterday. Lunch was a tuna salad with cucumber, onion, dill cabbage and a homemade olive oil based mayonnaise -- easy with a stick blender. Dinner was a ground beef burger seasoned with truffle salt, sauteed zucchini, and the last of an asparagus/tomato salad I picked up at Whole Foods this weekend. I'm still working through stuff I had stashed in the refrigerator that's whole 30 compliant... once that's gone I'm looking forward to getting a bit more creative in the kitchen.

Day8 wk 2

Week one was better than I expected. Felt a bit bluuurrrgh at times, but on the whole it's not been too much of a trial. It's been a bit expensive on food, probably all the veg I'm eating because I don't think that I'm eating much more meat and fats are cheap. Wish I had a garden so that could grow my own.

On the inside I feel healthy and happier than for a long time. On the outside, so far the only thing is better skin. No big weight loss,my trousers still feel tight, but I'm still hopeful.

Looking forward to this week and it's challenges.

Archived