Hello! Started on Oct. 1

Simbasmom

I hate to say I haven't noticed much...I was eating mostly paleo before I started and I noticed an increase in energy when I began eating that way a few months ago. I'm starting to notice I'm craving less sugar and just fruit instead...maybe that's a good thing? I'm limiting myself to just a couple servings of fruit a day. Also noticed my running went downhill but I'm hoping that improves once my body adjusts. Really wanting to run a half marathon in 10 days and am nervous about it. How is everyone else doing?!

Day 10! Mind you, I don't come from a terrible food background, but I am a carb junkie (bready things), sauce/condiment, fried food lover, and cheese...LOVE cheese...ok, it did need vast improvements. I've actually noticed a few changes, first, I've fallen deeply in love with coconut butter...we may get married. I no longer want to kill everyone I see, except those that already bugged me in the first place lol! I am learning I need to add more fat to my meals or I feel like there is still an empty spot. And my portions have shrunk too. I'm also learning that the good fats, even the cooking fats, do not cause the same disturbances in my belly as some non-compliant ones. However, onions, garlic and peppers..do. I eat them anyway, just in moderation. I'm not nearly as tired (I say this because I'm still not jumping around like a spider monkey, but am improving), I'm falling asleep easier--but am still unfortunately a light sleeper. In general I just feel better, and feel better about what I'm eating. Also roasting a lot more veggies, I'd almost forgotten how delicious they can be! Just glad I enjoy cooking, because I've been doing a lot more of it. Haven't started running again, but been meaning too. I was afraid if I start too soon I may not have the energy--like what the previous member posted.

Have you seen the timeline? I should find it and post it. The first week described me to a "T"!

Best of luck to all the other 10-day in's! :)

Archived