Drop It Low -- Or At Least a Little

cr89

Hello Everyone! 

I am so excited to see that there is a place for me to "journal" my Whole30 "journey"! I love that this is an option on the Whole30 website!

First a little bit about myself and why I am embarking on this journey. I am a 26 year old female with a dual diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and type 2 diabetes (T2D). When I was diagnosed diabetic 2 years ago I didn't do much to change my health or my way of living, I guess I was in denial. I was not in denial of my PCOS diagnosis 1 year ago. At the time I was under the impression that my PCOS was genetic and my T2D was my fault, I have since learned that this is wrong thinking. I understand that while my lifestyle can make my diabetes better or worse that it is also largely genetic. Since coming to that realization and acceptance I tried minimally to watch my consumption but still wasn't doing very well.

On April 25, 2016 I had my last A1C, and let me tell you, it was a bit scary. 10.2%. Not good. A diabetics goal is 7% or less. Since learning this I have been better about what I eat and have worked to incorporate fitness into my schedule, such as going on walks, walking to the store, walking to work, riding my bike to run errands, riding my bike to work, and as of this morning working on running with an interval app that is encouraging and boasts about helping you lose weight. I have also cut down on soda and upped my water. 

This brings me today. Today is my day 0. Tomorrow is my day 1. Tomorrow I will take this journey extremely seriously, as though it's life and death, because in a way it is! I had originally planned to start today but didn't prepare my meals as I should have so tomorrow will be my official day one as today hasn't been the greatest. However, today was day one of going for a walk/run and it went fabulously!

I am looking forward to having this space to share my progress and my journey! Tomorrow I will post my official measurements, fasting sugar number and starting weight. I am excited to begin a new life where my health takes center stage!

C. 

Well here's the deal friends. My start date has been postponed until Saturday due to a flare up of my diverticulitis. Thanks to the flare up I will be on a liquid diet through Friday and won't be able to consume solid food until Saturday. I will start Saturday and share all my measurements and numbers then (because who knows what my numbers will be like without actual food for a couple of day). Stay posted though as I am really excited to start this program! 

Archived