Pantry purge

Robertaworley

September 12th is my planned start date since I'm flying to Wisconsin for my grandmother's 100th birthday party, which I consider to be a very big deal. 

Meanwhile, I've been test driving the program. Today, I purged my pantry. I also purged my cookbooks. Last will be the refrigerator. To be continued...

0821162153_HDR~2.jpg

Hi! My start date was August 9. I did the same thing as you, I started "getting ready" a couple of weeks before then. I was shocked at how empty my pantry was after the purge. Actually, it was so empty I cleaned and gave it a fresh coat of paint! 

On 8/22/2016 at 10:44 AM, Debra Q. said:

Hi! My start date was August 9. I did the same thing as you, I started "getting ready" a couple of weeks before then. I was shocked at how empty my pantry was after the purge. Actually, it was so empty I cleaned and gave it a fresh coat of paint! 

Good for you, Debra!  Way to use those empty resources!  How did you do with the adaptation?  Now that you can see the finish line, did you have to restart at any point or are you still on target?  Just curious due to my own mishaps during my test drive.:o

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully, no restarts for me. I've stayed dedicated. I find it helps to write about what I eat everyday, and how I feel, kind of like a journal. I like to take pics of food anyway, so I began a food blog to journal my Whole30 experience,.likestoeat.tumblr.com  I'm running out of recipes to use from the book, so I'll be trying recipes from Instagram next week, @whole30recipes. I haven't weighed myself at all, (I've been tempted, so my husband hid the scale) but my clothes are definitely fitting better. Good luck!

Archived