Don't want to do it anymore.

she-loves-butter

Hi all. 

I'm on Day 4 of my first Whole 30. I've been doing OK but was feeling weak yesterday. Today my cousin died unexpectedly and I'm finding myself struggling with caring about my food. I know I need this in order to heal various health issues I'm experiencing but I also feel like quitting right now because I can't be bothered to think about how many veggies I'm eating, etc while processing this loss (I'm still in shock obviously). 

I can't decide if I should take the "no excuses" approach with myself or let myself  off and wait until I'm not experiencing a loss. This is a very heavy experience with multiple tragic facets and I'm not sure the Whole 30 will help with the stress. 

Thoughts? Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, she-loves-butter said:

Hi all. 

I'm on Day 4 of my first Whole 30. I've been doing OK but was feeling weak yesterday. Today my cousin died unexpectedly and I'm finding myself struggling with caring about my food. I know I need this in order to heal various health issues I'm experiencing but I also feel like quitting right now because I can't be bothered to think about how many veggies I'm eating, etc while processing this loss (I'm still in shock obviously). 

I can't decide if I should take the "no excuses" approach with myself or let myself  off and wait until I'm not experiencing a loss. This is a very heavy experience with multiple tragic facets and I'm not sure the Whole 30 will help with the stress. 

Thoughts? Thanks. 

I'm so sorry for your loss. The first week of W30 is tough and then throw in losing a loved one, that's a lot to take on. DO NOT beat yourself up about this. W30 does help with stress in the long run. I'm on day 12 and feel so much better. But give yourself a break.

You are in my thoughts...

C

I wish I had the answer for you but I can offer my support and thoughts.   I lost my husband 10 months ago after a battle with complications from a stem cell transplant.  My mom has leukemia, as well as other medical issues. Loss is a rollercoaster of emotions and the pain is intense.  My advice - do what is best for you.  I don't think this is the time for tough love.  You can try to eat as healthy as possible without worrying about all the details and then begin another Whole 30 when you are ready.  If you decide to continue, I will be by your side to offer support.  I  am starting today and will be joining one of the groups on the forum.  I have lost all control in life so maybe this will give me some sense of control. I have done W30 many times and also have medical issues.  Whatever you decide to do, feel free to PM me.

Archived