Thrush and Candida *sighs*

QuasiParisian

After following the whole 30 for more than 20 days. It's back...

I saw a naturopath about a year ago and she said that I had candida - or the good bacteria in my gut was minimal. I have been taking 2 probiotics(14 billion per capsule) twice daily, using veggie digestaids to break down my food and fish oil for the possible inflammation of my digestive tract, staying away from sugar, dairy, carbohydrates, vinegar's, coconut milk, nuts....

AND I CAN"T GET RID OFF IT.

Slight caveat - still eating sweet potato.

Any advice? Should I be taking my probiotics at a different time (i'm currently taking them before meals)? or take more/less probiotics?

• 1 year later...

After following the whole 30 for more than 20 days. It's back...

I saw a naturopath about a year ago and she said that I had candida - or the good bacteria in my gut was minimal. I have been taking 2 probiotics(14 billion per capsule) twice daily, using veggie digestaids to break down my food and fish oil for the possible inflammation of my digestive tract, staying away from sugar, dairy, carbohydrates, vinegar's, coconut milk, nuts....

AND I CAN"T GET RID OFF IT.

Slight caveat - still eating sweet potato.

Any advice? Should I be taking my probiotics at a different time (i'm currently taking them before meals)? or take more/less probiotics?

It's my understanding that you should take probiotics away from food so that they can clean the system. Also, check what kind of probiotic you're taking. The coating makes a difference. You want something that opens in the intestines, not the stomach

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be a flare up as it's being worked out of your system by the Whole30??? I think I read that candida in the gut can take a long to to clear properly and often people aren't aware they have it and that many minor symptoms can be the side effects to our systems.  Check the coatings and additives to the tablets you are on and maybe check with your Doctor or the patient info leaflets exactly how and when you should take the tablets.  I hope it gets sorted for you

Sadly with Candida, it can take up to a year to go away. I know that is not good news, at all - but I think you need to stick with it, perhaps up your probiotic intake, and make sure you take it on an empty stomach.

Also, garlic and caprylic acid (found in coconut) can help kill the fungus, so make sure youre eating some of those raw. Aloe vera will also help your gut lining heal. :)

Archived