Whole30 Success!!

DAK

Completed my first whole30 two days ago and I am feeling fantastic!  Successes: 

• Sleeping great - so much better than I have for years
  • Tons of energy - all through the day, not feeling the up and down
  • No snacking!!  Friends and coworkers would tease me about my need to eat something every 2 or 3 hours ("she's still on the bottle feeding schedule") - totally gone now
  • New meaning in my life of "well-fed" - I feel satisfied and complete after a meal - sustained - not stuffed or overindulging
  • Feeling good about myself and my food choices - it's so empowering.  Not giving in to temptation and then feeling guilty or down on myself for making bad choices
  • Weight loss - 7.5 pounds!  Even while eating what felt like a lot.  Was constantly hungry and tired the first week but everything changed the longer I stayed on the program and reversed my dependency on quick sugar and carbs for energy
  • Tiger blood!!!!! Just to feel that way was worth all the chopping and obsessing about my food

Now I am looking forward to continuing to learn how to navigate the food choices I want to make.  The toughest part has been maintaining a busy professional life with lots of business events, many of which occur over meals.  I timed my Whole30 for a less busy time of year and that helped.  I reintroduced dairy yesterday and did feel some minor negative effects.  I will plan to continue to avoid it whenever possible but will know I can eat small amounts occasionally without dire consequences.  What's interesting is that I don't even care about passing up all kinds of temptations and things I thought I couldn't live without.  Optimal health is my new goal.  Thanks to everyone for sharing this great program and for all the great support and inspiration!!  

Good for you!  My results and feelings were very similar.   Additional bonus:   Reduction of sleep and anxiety meds in half.  I have chronic headaches, and have reduced the need for my daily pain meds.  Most exciting of all:  Brought my cholesterol levels down by several points into a mostly normal range.  Since my doctor wanted to start me on statins, this is huge!  I am 3 weeks post W30 and in the middle of gradual reintroductions, and so far doing just fine.

Keep up the great work!

Archived