A whole new me

JackieS

Today is day 31 and I've made it through my first whole 30. I'm feeling amazing and have noticed countless NSVs and definitely some weight loss although I haven't weighed myself yet (I've never been into that - I just let my skinny jeans tell me!). My reintro plan is as follows: 1) Alcohol - my fiance and I are going on a ghost tour pub crawl tonight (right up my alley) and I plan on having a vodka soda during this. I really don't want to feel terrible tomorrow so I will be sure to keep the drinking in moderation. 2) Legumes - I really miss my beans! I'm going to try peanut butter for breakfast, even though I'd almost always choose almond butter over it. 3) Non-gluten grains - Will definitely try some rice and quinoa, although I'm not particularly missing either of these and will try to limit this group as much as I can. 4) Dairy - I miss cheese. There. I said it. 5) Gluten - I'm thinking you will be my issue, gluten. Not very excited to meet you again, but we shall see.

It's crazy that during my first two weeks of my W30 I craved coffee flavored ice cream (I grew up on this stuff in RI) and cinnamon toast crunch (not something I ever ate prior to W30). Thankfully, now that I'm done I no longer have those cravings. This was such a great decision I made for my health and happiness. I'm hoping to do my second W30 during the month of January!

Congratulations to you!

As you do your reintroductions, don't forget to eat the reintroduced food or group (some of us split a group into individual components) ONLY on one day, followed by at least two days of Whole30. Don't continue to eat the reintroduced food until all your reintroductions are complete.

And be aware that alcohol can have its own set of consequences and be mindful that alchohol doesn't skew your other results.

Congratulations to you!

As you do your reintroductions, don't forget to eat the reintroduced food or group (some of us split a group into individual components) ONLY on one day, followed by at least two days of Whole30. Don't continue to eat the reintroduced food until all your reintroductions are complete.

And be aware that alcohol can have its own set of consequences and be mindful that alchohol doesn't skew your other results.

Archived