Day 23 - but I need to celebrate a few successes to keep motivated

JenPump

I have been struggling a bit and really wanting to eat -- and not necessarily Whole30 compliant foods.  Then I took a moment to reflect on what I have accomplished already.....I stayed on track when our family got last minute premium seats to the Royals baseball game and nibbled on homemade mix of compliant jerky, nuts and dried fruit while my family ate nachos, dogs and drank beer and diet soda.  I stayed compliant at the movies, again with my homemade mix and a contraband La Croix water in my purse.  I skipped the celebratory cupcakes at an office party.  And we just had our huge annual family party where we make traditional Croatian cabbage rolls and povatica (yummy nut bread) -- I made cabbage rolls that did not have rice in the filling and cooked separately in my own pot.  I also froze a piece of povatica so I could have it later if I so choose.  Apparently I have more resolve and commitment to myself than I realized!  Looking forward to the next few days and what I can learn from the reintroduction.  Thanks for being here to listen!

It sounds as if you are doing really well despite the temptations around you.

I am just on Day 24 today and have found that I have needed to do some research for new compliant recipes as I was getting a little bored with eating similar meals. Hopefully this will take me on through this final week. Keep up that same resolve that has got you this far :)

Archived