Lunch:

Sliced turkey breast wrapped in raw cabbage leaves with guacamole

Chopped fennel and orange segments with olive oil and sunflower seeds

Dinner:

Mixed greens salad with grilled chicken, avocado, and fresh salsa

1/4 apple

Chamomile and mint tea

Reflections for the day:

Today is the first day in years that I actually ate my breakfast opposed to drinking a smoothie and I am amazed. I usually am never satisfied by dinner and today I actually feel completely content. :)

Day 2 10/16/2012

Breakfast:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil over wilted spinach and arugula

Leftover turkey slices and grilled chicken

Raw sauerkraut

Black coffee

Lunch:

Harvest turkey salad (from panera bread company) with no cheese and no dressing

Dinner:

Grilled chicken with spicy guacamole

Broccoli

Herbal tea

Reflections for the day:

Again, I am amazed at how I am completely satisfied with only eating 3Xs a day. I used to think of myself as a bottomless pit--just completely insatiable, eating all hours of the waking day, but today I was actually left food on my plate at both lunch AND dinner!

Feeling pretty great!

Day 3 10/17/2012

Breakfast:

Coconut porridge with diced apple and macadamia nuts

2 HB eggs

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Grilled chicken chunks with chopped HB eggs

Raw sugar snap peas

1/2 avocado

Dinner:

*wasn't really "hungry" opposed to more "snack-y" so I didn't really make a composed dinner*

Handful of cashews

Diced grilled chicken

raw sugar snap peas

Reflections:

Today was so-so. I thought I was doing myself a good thing when I woke up and wanted something kind of sweet for breakfast opposed to what I have been eating for the past few days (eggs!) so I whipped up a quick porridge with 1Tbsp each of coconut flour and unsweetened coconut flakes cooked with an egg and water. Once it was cooked I added some chopped apple and some macadamia nuts and it was quite delicious... however, I have been feeling very munchy today, like I want to eat something but I know I'm not really hungry. Perhaps it's just the adjustment to eating clean...

I also felt a little bummed at my midday meal, I expected to have a lunch provided for me at work and I had already chosen a W30 compliant meal the day before. I was really excited about it and the rep ended up canceling at the last minute. I at least had a W30 compliant back up lunch just in case, but I really didn't expect to have to use it!

Dinner was weird too, I wanted something, but I just couldn't figure it out so I just munched on some leftovers cold from the fridge and that was that. Definitely NOT a satisfying day as far as pleasure eating, but still a win because I am recognizing that I am eating more out of hunger and not craving so I have been able to honor when I am full. And for a girl like me, just being able to stop eating is an accomplishment.

Day 4 10/18/2012

Breakfast:

Chopped chicken and sugar snap peas with 2 fried eggs, raw sauerkraut, coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Tuna salad with romaine and tomato slices

Roasted Brussels sprouts

Snack:

Macadamia nuts

Smoked salmon

Dinner:

Zucchini noodle chicken spaghetti with fennel and peppers

Green apple with cashew butter

Reflections:

I didn't sleep very well last last due to some racing thoughts about work and also being super stressed at work... However I am able to recognize that despite the external stress I have been able to continue making healthy food choices! This is HUGE for me. I was even given a beautiful European bar of chocolate today by one of our patients and I didn't even eat it! Under normal circumstances I would have devoured the thing right then and there but I was completely able to just put it away because it didn't seem to have a hold on me like it before. Feeling quite good about that!

Day 5 10/19/2012

Breakfast:

Bibimpap inspired breakfast bowl- 2 fried eggs on top of roasted veggies with raw kraut and sambal

Black coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Leftover zucchini noodle chicken spaghetti

Cashew/almond/coconut butter with celery

Dinner:

@bonefish grill-

2 bacon wrapped scallops

Salmon + asparagus salad with citrus vinaigrette and no cheese

Dessert:

@ home

Banana with a spoonful of cashew butter

Reflections:

Had an amazing revelation kind of evening... Went out for dinner. I easily passed on the bread, cheese, and dessert--all of which I would have otherwise completely over indulged had it not been for w30!!!--and I actually didn't have that longing feeling like I am missing out or restricting! I feel fantastic!

Day 6 10/6/2012

Breakfast:

Bibimbap bowl

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Fish "tacos" wrapped in cabbage

Raw Orange

Snack:

Slices of grilled beef

Persimmon with macadamia nuts

Dinner:

Coconut porridge with banana and walnuts

Chicken thigh

Peppermint tea

Reflections:

Late afternoon I noticed some lower belly cramps that immediately intensified after eating dinner... On looking at my food log, I can see that I went WAY overboard with fruit today. Yeah, not a good idea. Won't be doing that again. Ouch. Sipping on some peppermint tea as I type to help soothe my tummy! :(

Day 7 10/21/2012

Breakfast:

1 fried egg atop veggie hash with raw kraut

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Nam sod

Steak with broccolini

1/2 apple

Dinner:

Leftover steak, broccolini, Brussels sprouts and avocado

Kombucha

Spoonful cashew butter

Evening snack:

Sweet dreams herbal tea

Reflections:

Felt pretty good today. Had a little bit of stomach cramps while sipping on my tea, I'm thinking its either the tea or perhaps something I may have nibbled on while preparing my lunch for tomorrow. That makes me kind of nervous... I had a slice of beef and a single grape that was not accounted in my log and I'm wondering if that is what is the cause of these weird stomach cramps. Either way, it stinks. I don't know what's happening! Both of these foods are totally paleo compliant and I just have to experiment and see what the cause truly is. Until tomorrow...

Day 8 10/22/2012

Week 1 complete!!!

Today's focus will be NO FRUIT AND NUTS. I have been battling an odd stomach cramps issue for the past 2 days and today's process will be to completely eliminate nuts and fruit. Definitely not a permanent thing, I just think I may have gone a little overboard with these reward foods.

Breakfast:

Sliced pork and veggie egg bowl with raw kraut

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Sliced beef with pepper and onions

Cabbage triangles with avocado and salsa

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast

Broccolini and avocado slices

Coconut kefir

Reflections:

Definitely had a craving for something sweet after dinner but since I committed to no fruit/nuts today I settled for a small cup of coconut kefir. As of yet, absolutely no stomach cramps. I think it may have been just some minor constipation. Sorry, tmi!!!

Day 9

10/23/2012

Breakfast:

Breakfast "salad" bowl - raw kraut, arugula, roasted mushrooms, sliced pork, with a fried egg

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Leftover grilled chicken and roasted Brussels sprouts

Arugula, romaine, avocado, and grape tomato salad (dressed with lime juice and cracked pepper)

Dinner:

Ground turkey "tacos" with avocado and tomatoes

Grapes

Reflections:

Feeling satisfied. I am noticing that I can feel totally satisfied--full even--and on less food! All these years that I "drank" my breakfast seem like such a rip now. I'll be a member of the "only real food for breakfast club" for life! :)

Day 10

10/24/2012

Breakfast:

Sautéed apple with pork and arugula

Raw kraut

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

(Catered lunch at work)

Beef tips and chicken

Tossed salad

Snack:

Banana with pistachios

Dinner:

Chorizo scrambled eggs over arugula with avocado and tomatoes

Reflections:

Hmm. Today has been interesting. I had a moment of temptation at lunch today when a drug rep came and provided lunch--complete with an array of desserts!!!--but I passed it up. Shortly afterwards, another rep came by with a huge bag of chocolate halloween candy, which I also politely declined the offer. Totally proud of myself, and I honestly feel better physically having NOT eaten that junk, but part of me feels like I'm such an outsider. Its hard still, knowing that i really dont want to eat junk, but also i kind of do... Talk about a mind trip!

*later that evening I ended up going on a mini binge and ate 2 über larabars--completely w30 noncompliant.The worst part was that afterwards I felt so guilty that I resorted to purging, something I haven't done since starting W30 :( This is most definitely a stumbling block, but I am getting back up after this fall...

Restart, day 1

10/25/2012

Still feeling kind of bummed about last night, but I'm trying to forgive myself. On to today...

Breakfast:

3 turkey sausages

Fried egg

Raw kraut

Coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:

Turkey sandwich wrapped in cabbage

Raw snap peas

HB egg

Blueberries and strawberries drizzled with coconut milk

Dinner:

Raw cabbage chip nachos with chorizo, tomatoes, avocado, and pork

Rooibis chai tea

Reflections:

Today feels like I have been eating clean forever already. This Halloween season has been particularly taxing, lots of drug reps and such pushing junk food in your face!

Day one complete, I feel good physically, my mental status feels a bit worn.

Archived