Starting- now! October 15

bikegal

I'm here looking for a little inspiration (and maybe some peer pressure). I have been floating around with the idea of whole 9 & paleo eating for the last couple months after having read It Starts With Food. Even without the full-on whole 30 commitment, my initial response at the time was that the shift in eating habits felt really good. My energy levels have been better, and it just feels right. I previously ate fairly well with lots of fresh veg & meats and minimal grains and processed stuff, although it was a real eye-opener to realize how lacking in fat my diet had been! Everything tastes so much better now!

My main problem has always been night time eating, which ranges from being just more than I would prefer to out and out bingeing. The increase in fats & protein, plus eating 3 meals a day had a definite positive effect on my night eating habits. Unfortunately, this has gradually lessened ove time, as I don't think I ever really kicked the psychological component or fully let go of the sweets (I still want dried fruit after dinner).

So I am now publicly committing- there's no time like the present! I'm gonna do this thing and actually give myself a fair shot. Starting today.. which is really tomorrow, because it's 10 pm ;)

I feel the same way, love the sweet stuff and really hard for me too kick it but I'm doing 10x's better than what I got myself used to. If I could even have a smidge of stevia in my coffee...but no, I know it's better for me to forgo it. It's a true addiction so weeding ourselves off of it will be no easy feat but who wants to be a slave to something so silly as sugar?

Best of luck!

Archived