Deb's Dazzling 30 Days!

Deb Froemming

Deb's Dazzling 30 Days

Before Whole30 I was overweight & suffering from reflux due to a hiatal hernia and GERD. My GI doc suggested surgery to repair the hiatal hernia/reflux, I wasn't ready. I felt controlled by the foods I could eat that wouldn't trigger reflux and a prisoner to the medications. I didn't sleep well and woke often.

I found Whole30 online, as I was looking for info on Paleo or Gluten-fee to help with the reflux.

I jumped right in & it wasn't easy but it got better! I learned to shop and read labels, as if it was the first time in a grocery store! Found I liked veggies I had not tried before from the Farmer's Market. Love trying new recipes with new ingredients!

I feel so much better now after my first Whole 30! No more cravings and barely hungry ever! Before the end of week 1 I was re-introducing trigger foods, such as green pepper, onion and garlic AND not getting sick! What?? True!! This motivated me to stick with it! I love eating again! My clothes seem to be at least a size too big now. I see some shopping in my future! I am sleeping soundly and falling asleep easier. I visited my GI doc on Day 21 and he was amazed as my weight loss and how I felt! He had suggested gluten free and losing 10 pounds before that visit, well I went above and beyond that! I plan to continue with a Paleo lifestyle after re-introducing some foods and will be doing the Whole30 again! :)

Archived