Restart/reset my life.... 9 January

LydiaJo

I know this plan works if I work the plan. I feel that I am running out of time to change my life.

i am the 64 year old mom of a 16 year old. I want to be here and healthy for a long time. I want to enjoy my life which I am not doing right now.

Hello, LydiaJo and Keks! I will also begin on the 9th. Since I'm a newbie, I want to give myself another week to get acquainted with the plan. (and there are a ton of bowl games on today :)

I'm 61, mother to 3 and have 3 beautiful grandchildren ages 5 and under. I'm about 30 pounds overweight and have joint problems. There's longevity in my family line, and if I'm going to live into my 90s, I want to be healthy enough to enjoy it! My mother is 82, can hardly walk, and has had a foot of her colon removed. She has been obese for most of her adult life. I don't want to end up like that. So that's my motivation. LydiaJo, thanks for the link to the "older women's" thread. We face a much more difficult battle for weight control than those who are young. It will be nice to have some support and encouragement from others who are fighting the same fight. 

Archived