My 1st Whole30

sunnytropic

Day 1 in the books.

Snack (didn't set the slow cooker for dinner soon enough so it was going to be 7 hrs between meals)- hard boiled egg, small handful of grape tomatoes, and macadamia nuts

Meal 3- slow cooker beef brisket, smashed potatoes with ghee, roasted broccoli with olive oil; lettuce & tomato with mayo/mustard/garlic vinaigrette.

After meal 2 I felt really foggy and tired but went out to run an errand and felt better getting some fresh air. Also spent 35 min in the gym this AM and did 20 min on the treadmill and a 15 min strength circuit. Didn't do a PWO but never felt hungry during the day.

M2- leftovers from dinner last night - beef brisket, smashed potatoes with ghee, roasted broccoli with olive oil.

Feeling good. Sipping on a tea and will probably have a snack in a little bit. Its busy at work and I'd rather have a snack and cook when I get home than bring another meal with me.

Snack- 1 hardboiled egg, 5 macadamia nuts, clementine

Dinner- lettuce & tomato with mayo vinaigrette, 4 oz grass fed beef burger with 1/2 avocado mashed with lemon & chipotle powder; vidalia onion slices pan fried in ghee; steamed green beans with olive oil

Still feeling really good!

End of day 3-

Snack- hard boiled egg, clementine, handful of roasted spaghetti squash seeds

M3- spaghetti squash in ghee and garlic topped with homemade marinara, ground beef, nutritional yeast; lettuce & tomato with mayo vinaigrette

Day 4-

M1- same as yesterday but coconut oil instead of ghee- espresso with coconut cream; spaghetti squash hash browns in coconut oil, fried egg in coconut oil, pork sausage

Still feeling good!

Done and Done with day 4!

M2- brisket, smashed potatoes with gee, steamed green beans with olive oil

Snack- hard boiled egg dipped in homemade mayo, clementine

M3- grass fed burger with guac, sweet potato with coconut oil, roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil, lettuce & tomato with homemade mayo vinaigrette

Day 5 was another success. It's day 6 now and I woke up with a headache so I've been taking it easy. Haven't worked out since Tuesday so I'd like to try and hit up the bike trainer today at some point.

Rest of Day 5-

M2- spaghetti squash topped with marinara, ground beef, pork sausage; steamed green beans with olive oil

Snack- hard boiled egg dipped in homemade mayo; clementine; small spoon on almond butter

M3- boneless skinless chicken thigh, pan fried potatoes in ghee, roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil

Day 6-

M1- mashed sweet potato with coconut oil, onions/peppers/brisket pan fried in ghee topped with a fried egg; iced latte- espresso with coconut cream and macadamia nut milk

Coffee today didn't do much for me. On weekends I like to sit and have an iced latte so I tried to make a compliant one. Honestly preferred my coffee from earlier in the week which was hot espresso with coconut cream whisked in.

Headache went away by lunch time and I got in 40 min on the bike trainer.

M2- chicken thigh, pan fried potatoes in ghee, steamed green beans with olive oil

Snack- mug of bone broth; hard boiled egg dipped in mayo

M3- pan seared scallops (olive oil/ghee), roasted brussel sprouts (olive oil), smashed sweet potatoes with coconut milk & cinnamon, lettuce & tomato w mayo vinaigrette

Day 7 had my first real challenge- watching football with friends! But I brought along my dinner and drank some seltzer and tea and made it through without issue!

M1- pan fried potato, onion, brisket, topped with fried egg (all in ghee), espresso with coconut cream and splash of macadamia nut milk

M2- chicken thigh, smashed sweet potato w/ coconut milk, coconut oil, & cinnamon, lettuce & tomato with homemade mayo vinaigrette

Snack- hard boiled egg with homemade mayo (made a new batch today!)

M3- spaghetti squash with olive oil & garlic, topped with ground beef, pork sausage, marinara, nutritional yeast

Day 8- had a bit of a headache in the afternoon and was a crankypants at night about how much time I've been spending in the kitchen and washing dishes (my least favorite chore). But I made a delicious dinner that was worth it and had the husband help me out and clean the cast iron skillet that the lamb was cooked in

M1- sweet potato with coconut milk, onion/pork sausage in ghee, 2 fried eggs in ghee, espresso with coconut cream and splash of macadamia nut milk

M2- spaghetti squash with olive oil & garlic, topped with ground beef, pork sausage, marinara, nutritional yeast

M3- rack of lamb, hash brown potatoes in ghee, brussel sprouts roasted with olive oil

Day 9- woke up feeling good and squeezed in 30 min on the bike trainer before work.

M1- hash brown potatoes and onions in coconut oil, chicken sausage, fried egg in coconut oil, cold brew iced coffee with nutpods original

Really liking the cold brew with nutpods. I like this cold brew black but I like the creamy texture nutpods adds.

Rest of day 9-

M2- rack of lamb, sweet potatoes with coconut milk & coconut oil, grape tomatoes dipped in homemade chipotle mayo

Snack- hard boiled egg dipped in chipotle mayo, clementine

Dinner- pan fried in olive oil/ghee almond meal coated chicken tenderloins, spaghetti squash with olive oil, green beans with olive oil

Didn't really enjoy my lunch or dinner too much today and was scrambling (especially lunch) to put together a meal.

Yeah, not really feeling my meals today and already looking forward to doing better prep for next week this weekend.

M2- chicken salad w/ homemade mayo, artichoke hearts in homemade mayo vinaigrette, green beans with olive oil

M3- rack of lamb, Yukon potatoes w ghee, green beans w olive oil

Didn't sleep super well last night but made it up in time to do a quick 20 min basement workout with dumbells this AM.

PWO- 1/2 of an almond crusted chicken tenderloin (I know I need more but still getting used to it)

M1- clementine, 2 fried eggs in coconut oil, 2 slices compliant bacon, espresso with coconut cream & splash of macadamia nut milk

M2- chicken salad w/ homemade mayo, artichoke hearts in homemade mayo vinaigrette, green beans with olive oil

Snack- cold brew with nutpods, clementine, hard boiled egg w homemade mayo

Slept better last night.

It is so weird not to be as obsessed about food and the next meal or snack.

Day 11 M3- spaghetti squash, olive oil, fresh garlic, topped with homemade marinara and 90/10 grass fed ground beef

Day 12-

M1- onions & ground beef with ghee, fried egg in coconut oil, pineapple mixed with 2 tbsp. light coconut milk, cold brew with nutpods

M2- aidells apple & chicken sausage, green beans with olive oil, clementine, small handful macadamia nuts (didn't bring enough for lunch)

Snack (planned)- hard boiled egg with homemade mayo

M3 (planned)- Butcherbox Culotte steak, roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil, sweet potato with coconut oil

Day 12 ended as planned. I don't think I ate enough yesterday, I was getting hungry before dinner which hasn't happened before.

Day 13 off to a good start-

M1- 2 eggs fried in ghee, 2 slices compliant bacon, pineapple with 1 tbsp coconut milk stirred in, espresso w/ coconut cream and splash of macadamia nut milk

Off to a long workout class in a little bit that would take me through my normal M2 time so I'm planning to make sure I eat a pre-workout and post-workout min meal.

Rest of day 13-

Pre-WO- chicken tenderloin, coconut oil

Post-WO- chicken tenderloin, sweet potato

M2- chicken and apple sausage, tomatoes and black olives with mayo vinaigrette

M3- grass fed ground beef burger with dollop of homemade mayo, braised cabbage with bacon and onions

The cabbage was so good! I've never had it or made it before but it will definitely go into the rotation now!

I was really tired after the spin class. It's a good thing I ate a little before and after because I ended up taking a nap after my shower and not eating M2 until 3PM.

Day 14-

M1- sweet potato with coconut oil, grass fed ground beef and onions cooked in ghee, fried egg in coconut oil, pineapple, espresso with coconut cream and splash of hazelnut Nutpods

Done and done with day 14.

Post-WO- 1/2 a grass fed beef burger, few bites of sweet potato

M2- chicken apple sausage, braised cabbage with bacon & onions

Snack- Proscuitto, espresso with nutpods

M3- cauliflower fried rice, 1/2 grass fed beef burger

I made shrimp to go with the cauliflower fried rice but I just thought they were terrible so I saved them as leftovers for my husband (who liked them) and ate the rest of a burger I had as a leftover in the fridge.

Day 15- halfway there!

M1- Yukon gold potato hash browns and 2 fried eggs (both in ghee), pineapple, espresso with coconut cream and splash of nutpods

M2- Grass fed beef patty, sweet potatoes with coconut oil, black olives

Snack- Proscuitto, black olives, pineapple

M3- slow cooker pulled pork, roasted asparagus with olive oil, arugula, tomatoes, dried cranberries with olive oil & vinegar

Bundled up and went for a 45 min walk.

Started reading It Starts with Food and also downloaded Food Freedom Forever. I have a lot to think about the next 15 days before I start re-intro's.

Done with Day 16!

M1- breakfast casserole (egg, potato w ghee, onion, brussel sprouts, chicken sausage), cold brew with Nutpods

M2- pulled pork, asparagus w olive oil, sweet potato w coconut oil

Snack- hard boiled egg with homemade mayo, pineapple

M3- braised cabbage with bacon & onion and chicken meatballs topped with marinara and nutritional yeast

M3 was very strange, I know. It wasn't bad, not my favorite, but not terrible. Probably need to have it for lunch the next 2 days to use everything up.

Forgot about my pre/post WO meals- pulled pork with coconut oil/pulled pork with sweet potato.

Also, today was the first day I didn't feel like I *needed* a caffeine pick me up in the afternoon and I didn't have one.

Been sleeping better the past few weeks too, looking at my fitbit stats I am consistently getting 30-60 minutes more of sleep each night than pre-Whole30.

Archived