started January 2

patL

Hi, everyone, happy new year! I'm in my 60s and have just gone through a busy stressful year and now weigh more than I ever have in my life. A friend did W30 with great success, so here I am. I always do better with plans that have simple rules and no quantity restrictions. I was an Atkins success story about 15 years ago, but it's so hard to eat out on Atkins. I once had a $23 steak dinner that came with potato, and they wanted to charge me extra to switch it for a veggie. I'm still burned up about that, haven't been back to that restaurant since! LOL

The good news is that I love to cook and my husband has agreed to go on the plan with me! We're both really interested in finding out how the food restriction affects how we feel. Fortunately, we're pretty healthy but have minor complaints like bloating (him) and creaky joints (me), stuff like that.

So it's day 3 and I'm feeling great and loving the recipes. I'm waiting for the tiredness and crankiness to kick in ... maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones! Blessings on your day!

Best of luck to you! It's great to have a partner to do it with. My husband did it once, and for some reason I can't get him to jump back on the wagon! Also, cooking is the hardest part for me since I am terrible at it, so you are already steps ahead.

6 hours ago, phantommeb said:

Best of luck to you! It's great to have a partner to do it with. My husband did it once, and for some reason I can't get him to jump back on the wagon! Also, cooking is the hardest part for me since I am terrible at it, so you are already steps ahead.

It does take a lot of time to do the cooking, don't you think? I love the cooking but not the cleaning up, and there's lots more cleaning up now.

i just tried the beef brisket recipe from the W30 book. It was really, really good, not that complicated, and I doubled it so it made three meals for us!

do you have a favorite recipe?

IMG_0808.JPG

Archived