Problems with Inflammation and a Pilonidal Cyst

Lovely topic name, right? Onward.

I'm in the second week of my Whole30 and am having trouble with infammation and a pilonidal cyst to the point where I've made a doctor's appointment today. This has happened once before (I wasn't on Whole30 then) and the inflammation led to an infection that completely knocked me out.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what you would suggest? Would going on anti-biotics (which I don't like doing) to ward off a really nasty infection be a bad thing if it's not completely necessary right now? It's been a problem for 48 hours and has been getting progressively worse.

Thanks!

I'd never heard of this but I looked it up, i love learning new things. According to the web (not always a reliable source :) ) treatment is lancing and draining and Antibiotics are generally not necessary unless signs of a spreading skin infection (cellulitis) are present. Pain medication will often be prescribed.

I guess the only person who can tell you whether or not you need antibiotics is your doc. If you are taking them, I'd take a good probiotic as well. Hope it clears up soon

Archived