Ending Week One

KevinP

Hello All,

I just thought I'd take a moment to connect with the Whole 30 community. Today ends day 7 and I must say, things are going well. When one of the old cravings invade my space, I ignore it, make a cup of herbal tea, grab a handful of nuts or dried fruit, and go about my day.  I've experienced a couple of the points noted in the Whole 30 book, like the hangover after the first 24 hours, waking between and 3:00 and 4:00 in the morning, and I've actually seen my BP and Glucose levels drop quite a bit!  My partner has even commented how much she likes the foods I've been preparing.  I could see how the Whole 30 could easily become a part of my life (our lives) beyond the "30".  Here's to the next three weeks!  

Congrats! I'm finishing Day 8 and feeling great too! Same as you, if I get a craving I make a cup of herbal tea or grab a La Croix, or some vegetable sticks/hard boiled egg. I had headaches the first couple days, which really surprised me given I didn't think I ate a bunch of crap. Anyway, planning has really been key for my husband and I.  Good luck!!

Archived