R1D1 Jan 22. Let's Do This!

roflute

Today is my first day.  After reading It Starts With Food and currently reading the Whole30 book, this program seems to make the most sense of all the "diet" programs out there.  These last few weeks I've been prepping, researching recipes, and working on making my kitchen whole30 compliant to take away the temptations.  I'm ready to start.  My name is Rosi and I have over 100 lbs to lose but I'm looking more to be healthy, to get off the blood pressure meds and get out of the prediabetic danger zone.  And get rid of those darn sugar cravings!

I'm ready.  Let's Do This! :)

I started my Whole 30 yesterday too.  Sounds like you've done a great job prepping for the program - what a smart idea to test some recipes ahead of time, how did your first day go? 

I like to think I eat fairly well but I find myself munching on empty calories (pita chips, crackers, sweets) when I'm home, and I've relied on some unhealthy "health" foods that I'm ready to finally ditch from my diet.  I'm excited to really clean things up and see what this plan can do for my cravings.   

29 days to go, we've got this!  

Today was my first day at work with the whole30.  I got through it without going bonkers.  Yay!  Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all and when dinner came around I just had a banana.    Currently cooking up dinner so I will have my 3 meals today and I did have an apple as a snack.  I generally eat okay but ice cream and chocolate really do a number on me.  I'm hoping get that craving under control.  And I really like the idea of clean eating.  If you haven't read the book....It Starts With Food.....do.  It was a real eye opener and made so much sense how different foods affect us and all the junk they put in food these days.  

How are you doing?

Rosi

The past few days have gone ok, I'm definitely feeling some food boredom (already, I know!) and just trying to get the hang of how much to eat.  I usually have no trouble eating the same things every day so over the weekend I made big batches of one thing for lunch and one for dinner and already part way through the week I'm getting sick of what I have.  Definitely need to figure that part out.  I know that I can do this, anything is possible for 30 days but I've got to change up my meals so I look forward to eating more. :D 

I've had a headache these first few days but I've had a cold/sinus thing going on so not sure if it's related to a lack of old foods or not.  I do have both books at home but haven't read to far into either of them.  Should definitely do that for some added motivation. 

I am trying really hard to avoid snacking, I'm used to eating both a morning and afternoon snack but I think it will take time for my body to adjust to 3 meals a day. 

How are you doing?  Any recipes/meals you are loving so far?  I'd love any suggestions you have! 

Amy

Archived