Starting Our First Whole30

KangaKris

Hello! I have been interested in doing a Whole30 for years, but never have committed to it. My husband read an article about it and decided to finally jump on board, so we are starting our first Whole30 on Monday. I am 29 and he is 31. We are in decent health, but could use some more help cleaning up and advancing our eating habits.

We are starting on Monday.

Some background on our eating habits - We've used Fresh20 for a couple of years now to plan most of our meals, but we also litter our diet with frozen pizza, fast food, restaurants and (especially me) way too much sugar. We aren't the worse eaters ever, and Fresh20 has helped expand our cooking as well as prepared us for cooking frequently. However, we could both create healthier habits and do much better.

I am interested to see how the Whole30 affects my acne (seems to be mostly hormonal), joint aches and pains, mood swings and energy levels. I will admit, I am a daily weigher- I love the data! I weigh myself at the same time every day and log it on my FitBit. I have, reluctantly, agreed to give up this habit for the Whole30.

I am also getting my wisdom teeth removed at the tail end of week 2, so I am eager to see how bone broth, veggie/fruit smoothies and other healthy, soft food help me rebound. Of course, I won't have anything to compare it to since I've never had wisdom teeth removed before.

I look forward to slowly reintroducing different food groups and analyzing how I feel. I think that's it for now!

See ya around!

Archived