Start date Tomorrow!! 2/23/17!! Excited and overwhelmed!!

LadyMoon79

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting today too (February 23). This will be my second Whole30. I completed one about 9 months ago. After that I let my old habits slip back into my days. So now, other than gaining some pounds, I also feel gross (mentally and physically).

I know, LadyMoon79, that we can do this! And I also know that this program is the way to better health. 8)

I tend to binge on salty and sweet things before my TOM. That was a struggle to get through my first time around.

My DD mentioned last night that she is interested to see what my mood will be like around day 4 or 5. I made sure to tell everyone last time that I may be snappy with them because I was in the "kill all things.....mainly humans" phase.

I found that I was sleeping so much better at night around day 8. I tend to wake in the middle of the night for 2 to 3 hours.

I loved the new found energy that I had. I felt like I could do it all. 8)

I'm glad you are enjoying the food choices. If you get "bored" push through it and fall back on past recipes that you have liked.

How was day 1? Are you ready to tackle day 2?

Day one was pretty easy breezy. Just one little craving at 3pm. 

Loving the food so much helps, I really was excited about going home to make dinner last night.

its interesting how quickly your body chemistry changes. My stomach is already feeling better. And I always have one cup of coffee per day, and this morning I made it less strong and didn't even drink it all and it made me super anxious and jittery :( I love my coffee so that will suck. 

But other than that. I'm good, and not super hungry yet, so that's good. Feeling very satisfied. 

It's so nice to have someone to share experiences with. Thank you.  It's only the second day but I know I will be grateful for the accountability I will have with you.

I don't drink coffee now but I do know the hold it can have on a person. Good for you getting through that. And the 3pm slump. Ugh. That sucks. But I'm glad to hear that you got past it.

I hope you enjoy your dinner (what did you have?) and have a wonderful evening.

You got this!

I had eggs over roasted carrots, zucchini, and onion. I'm satisfied.

I think I will pick up a squash next week. How did you prepare it into spaghetti?

Day 2 is good. I'm still on track. I hope this way of eating makes a lifelong change in me.

If you get an actual spaghetti squash and roast it, the inside will already be like noodles when you dig them out. Then I made the homemade tomato sauce out of the book, ground some beef with some Italian seasoning and piled it all on top of the noodles. It was sooooo good.

im soooo not hungry today. And feel weird. Not achy really, just heavy. 

Im having a weird transition, of course

I hope you are not coming down with something. The heavy feeling could be your body fighting itself. Think of it this way. Your body knows that eating well feels wonderful. And that is fabulous but your body might also be feeling a bit hesitant to let go of its old ways.

Just remember. This too shall pass. 8)

i wasn't hungry today at all.  feeling a little cranky and my head didn't hurt just felt kind of weird, and i had a really short attention span.  Made it through my first hang out with friends tonight.  it wasn't nearly as hard as i thought to stay away from the alcohol, and i just took a bunch of veggies and dressing for a big salad for everyone and they grilled up some shrimp for me.  everyone ate whole30 compliant and no one cared a bit.  it was really tasty.  and my host was amazing.  he'd hand me something and tell me exactly every ingredient he put in it.  His girlfriend is fairly conscious of what she eats, so that probably helped.  i'm trying to get a headache tonight, so i'm going to go to bed before it gets too bad!!  were all kind of in this together!! So are you starting tomorrow?  good luck!!!

Starting day 3 now! I slept for 9.5 hours last night. Wow! I usually wake in the middle of the night for 2-3 hours.

Some people feel a bit sick during the beginning of the program. I think that is because their bodies are not getting all the carbohydrates that they have had in the past. It's shocking to our bodies when we cut out bread, cookies, pasta, (floury things), and SUGAR! This phase lasts for 3 or 4 days (personally). Then I go into crazy mode for a couple of days. I'm snappy with people and that is just not like me. My body is screaming for bread and sugar.

Remember, all these nasty phases shall pass and things get a whole lot easier. All of our bodies will thank us for sticking with it.

Go gals!

Good Morning, Day 3! And I feel icky! BUT I'm glad I'm not hungry, because it makes this whole food thing supes easy. Lol. 

And this totally feels like withdrawal. Like your body is getting rid of poison. It's shocking to think this is our underlying "normal".... and its a little scary. And also a huge motivator to stick to it for me. Get rid of the poison. Hope it doesn't last too long. Although, my friend who has done this multiple times, said her first time she felt like crap for 16 days and then she felt amazing. So I'm prepared for whatever

cheers to more great food!

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind me eaves dropping, but I've been reading your posts with interest. My wife and I start today: Feb 25th Coffee is mentioned in one post. Coffee is acceptable on w30, or is it? I've just finished my morning Java with coconut milk instead of my usual cream. Have I blown it already??

Nope! You're perfect!! Coffee and coconut milk are totally acceptable!  It just made me super jittery and uncomfortable on day 2 :( and I really love coffee. I was just commenting on how quickly my body chemistry was changing. 

Ill try my coffee again in a few days when I start to balance!!

come along on the journey with us! The more the merrier!

16 days? Wow. I hope it doesn't last that long for you LadyMoon79. I'll send some positive vibes your way. 8) Was it your friend (the multiple whole30 one) that introduced you to this program?

To all. How did you hear about whole30? What possessed you to try it?

Duncan. I hope day 1 was successful for you and your wife. Did you have any struggles today (other than the coffee issues.....I'm glad that didn't set you back)?

I'm glad you have some friends who have done this before in your corner. It's so nice to have the support. I find I'm kept accountable if everyone knows what I'm up too.....lol

I hope that at the end of the 30 days you feel......FANTASTIC! I sincerely hope we all do.

Hey ladies

Day 1 over and feeling fine this morning. I was in a fog for most of the day yesterday. Took my son to the train station and my vision was blurry; weird. I doubt it was the w30 but who knows. I had a wicked, seriously wicked headache on Tue night that left me with a background ache for the past few days so I think that was probably the biggest contributor to the "fog" I felt in yesterday.

I'd say DAY 1 was super successful. We followed the w30 meal plan, made mayonnaise and ranch dressing; even the kids enjoyed the evening meal (dinner). We're British, Scottish actually, but been living in Calgary these past 12 years. 

DAY 2 is upon us and I'm having my morning coffee and I'm making more mayonnaise. Also planning to get an idea of what food I should take to work next week.

I've learned over the years that where you draw your motivation from is really crucial to the success of most endeavours.

As LadyMoon79 has done in highlighting the shocking condition that is our iunderlying "normal".... and knowing from a friends expereince this w30 program can change all that "reset it" is a powerful motivator, and to know we're going to feel amazing at the end of this, that's what's going to help us get through the tough moments.

We''ve definitely got this.

Archived