Start date Tomorrow!! 2/23/17!! Excited and overwhelmed!!

LadyMoon79

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how the heck is it the end of day 6 already?! wowza!!

I found out that a pilates studio in my town does whole30 together and they post restaurants and dishes at restaurants that are whole 30 compliant.  totally stalking their website!!  stoked!!

pack well!! pack your food fast, and pack lots of it!!  you can do it!!!  

i had someone drop off 12 donuts at my office today and i walked away, but i promise i will never buy anything from that outside sales rep... they have massacred our relationship and they don't even know :D

So my day job is that I own an insurance agency. There are outside sales reps who are trying to earn my business daily, and the two that stopped by today have no idea that they have just created a mortal wound in our relationship, and it will never be the same. 

#resisted

#bestlocaldonuts
#agentlife
#whole30strong

IMG_7645.JPG

LadyMoon79 - Good job resisting. You've got this!

Day 8 here for me. I made some minestrone soup last night for supper. Yummy. My DD said it was missing something......so she added a bit of salt to hers.  (Brings out the flavours.) Then she LOVED it.  I thought it tasted good regardless.

Happy, strong day to all. 8)

Yeh, me too what's DD? Hey I'm back and still 2 days behind you guys. 

Day 8 for me today and it's been pretty good going. Not plane sailing but worth the effort. Today's the first in 5 that I've awoken without a headache, although the other days when I did wake with a dull headache once I'd had my coffee I was ok and feeling the buzz and energized for my gym session.

So Ladymoon79 you do Pilates, eh?  I started rehab Pilates at the end of Nov and it's really helping me. It's tough but the challenge and results are worth it.

I like that tag:  #whole30strong. 

I don't appreciate the childlike behaviour Duncan. We are all here to support each other and grow from this experience. Please try to act a little more mature and not ask such ridiculous questions. Thank you.

LadyMoon79 - It has been a long time since I've had a Larabar  but I believe the sugar in them is from the dates that is the main ingredient. So it would be fruit sugar. I realize it is hard with that many grams of sugar in one tasty treat. That's why I don't eat them...anymore. Good luck with the snack food.

Do you REALLY need snacks or is your brain just used to having them? That is a hard question. One that took me a long time to face up to.

Epic is different from Larabars, but there is added sugar in some of those as well. It's listed in the ingredients. The ones where the sugar is from dates, says dates in the ingredients. I'm getting pretty good at decifering ingredients ;)

and my dear, I don't snack often, but when you do a nine mile hike in the mountains...snacks are a must. And then if you go to get your car worked on after... they are a double must. Because you aren't going home....for hours!!  I learned this weekend you must have an emergency stash. And when you burn 800 calories...a snack or two is ok. 

Thank you for your concern :) but snacks aren't my thing normally, so I don't have an issue there. BUT....I was in some situations this weekend where I realized having some emergency gear is smart! And I wasn't very prepared!

It seems I have offended you in some way LadyMoon79. That was not my intention. I do sincerely apologize. Good luck. I hope you find the program rewarding. 8)

I'm just like to rest of you. Eat, breathe, live. And get some support along the way. I know I will need it next week. That is the week before my TOM (time of month) and when I tend to want to overindulge.

I have cheered you on.....all of you. And I commend you for the wonderful things you are doing.  I bet your bodies are thanking you. 8)

Girl: apologies if I upset you; truly was not my intention. Child / Engineer, one in the same thing sometimes. I've been known to be too particular and too precise. Good trait for an Engineer not too good when communicating in writing.

Keep rocking it ladies. According to the book you've got past the hardest time and in the 'dreaming of food stage'. Get ready for the "awesome" to be turned on Fri March 10th. 

i also am super straight forward, and have  a tendency to not put enough fluff in my email, not realizing people can't hear my tone.  i'm super laid back believe it or not...takes a lot more than food to get me goin! lol

Hope you guys had another kick a** day today!!  i finally have my full appetite.  which def makes this more challenging.  but i had the stuffed peppers from the book today!!! YUM!!!! food like that makes me excited about this whole deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys still holding in there?

Day 24 for you, Day 22 for me. Linda, my wife, and I are still doing pretty well although she had a physical yesterday and the doctor needed to weight her - oh well back to day 1 for her: joking.

Linda has spent loads of time planning and preparing the meals but they've been great. I've enjoyed everyone of them but a couple of the Thai dishes she's not been too sold on. We seem to have a constant pile of dishes and I've probably washed as many dishes these past 22 days as the previous 2,222.

I've dropped coffee now too, which was always my plan 1/2 way through the plan.

Keep going 6 days left.

Doing fantastic! Got tigers blood on day 21. Finally. Really exhausted today though, like in the beginning. So very tired and my stomach doesn't feel very well. I'm thinking I'm intolerant to some ingredient in the shepherds pie. Plus I've worked out way too hard this week. Feeling better and better energy doesn't mean I still don't have to build up to longer work outs. 

I did get two non compliant ingredients in the last week by accident :( I was soooooo sad when I found out. But it's in super small amounts, and I don't plan on changing too much after the 30 is over, so I'm not starting over. But may be why I feel crappy today? Who knows. I feel like it's almost impossible to not accidentally break the rules at least once. I tried really hard not to!!!

i couldn't give up my coffee. I only do one cup a day, so I didn't really try. But I probably should next time. :) 

glad you and your wife are doing well!

Archived